This Slow Cooker Turkey Breast recipe is super easy to make and comes out juicy, tender, and flavorful every time! All you need to start is a boneless turkey breast, some seasonings and your Crockpot.
Since we have a smaller family and everyone likes the white meat best, we often choose to serve a turkey breast for Thanksgiving rather than that big ol’ bird with pieces that no one in our family really even wants.
The tricky thing with a boneless turkey breast is that by cooking it in the oven you run the risk of it coming out dry. That’s why I use my Crockpot!
This Slow Cooker Turkey Breast recipe is so easy to make and the turkey breast comes out moist and delicious every time! And, did I mention the amazing flavor?! It’s really good!
It’s super simple to slow cook a turkey breast. You just pull together a few common seasonings for flavor. Then, place it all in the Crockpot and wait for it to work its magic. Once it’s done, serve with your favorite side dishes for an amazing meal!
In case you ARE planning on making a whole turkey but you’re reading this because it’s Thanksgiving day and it’s still frozen, take a breath and calm down because we have you covered with instructions to how you can cook a frozen turkey without thawing it!
And however you make your turkey, it’s always better with gravy, so be sure to try our easy homemade gravy recipe too. For some delicious sides, try our easy skillet creamed corn or slow cooker garlic herb mashed potatoes.
⭐ Why You’ll Love this Recipe ⭐
Easy to Make – This recipe is literally so easy that ANYONE can make it. Just add your seasonings to the turkey, follow the directions and let the slow cooker do it’s work.
Simple Ingredients – All of the ingredients can easily be found in your grocery store. You’re free to change up the spices and add more pepper, toss in some paprika, whatever you love best.
Versatile – While the recipe is special enough to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, its also easy enough for a busy weeknight. Just pop it in the slow cooker in the morning and it will be ready by dinner time.
🧾 Ingredients Needed
🧾 Ingredients Needed
- Boneless Turkey Breast Roast – This should be defrosted. If it is still frozen, you’ll need about 24 hours defrost time in the refrigerator if you breast is 4 pounds or less.
- Olive Oil – Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil. It helps the spices stick to the meat and also keeps in moisture.
- Onion Powder and Garlic Powder – These both lend a lot of flavor.
- Thyme Leaves – Dried are fine.
- Salt and Pepper – Fresh ground black pepper is best.
📌 Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full ingredients list with quantities and step-by-step instructions!
🥣 How to Make
1. Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray. Pour water into the bottom of the slow cooker liner.
2. Mix dry seasonings together.
3. Rub turkey breast in oil. Season on all sides with dry seasonings. Place in the slow cooker and cover.
4. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
⭐ Pro Tips ⭐
Use Defrosted Turkey – Your turkey breast should be defrosted before cooking. If it is still frozen, you’ll need about 24 hours defrost time in the refrigerator if you breast is 4 pounds or less.
Cooking a Larger Turkey Breast – This recipe is written for a 3 pound turkey breast. If you make a larger one, increase the amount of seasoning and the cook time until the internal temperature reaches 165.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
This crockpot turkey can be the center of any dinner! We like to serve it with a green vegetable like green beans or asparagus and a potato side dish like baby red potatoes with herb butter.
How to Use the Leftovers
If you have any turkey breast leftover, it’s delicious sliced for sandwiches, in a turkey quesadilla or a southwest turkey wrap. If you’ end up with extra turkey after the big meal’ve made it for Thanksgiving and have classic sides left over too, you can use them to make these delicious Thanksgiving leftover egg rolls!
Leftover Turkey Recipes
If you tried this Thanksgiving Leftover Egg Roll Recipe or any other recipe on my site, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it turned out in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing your about your results and thoughts!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
- Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray. Pour water into the bottom of the slow cooker liner.
- Mix dry seasonings together.
- Rub turkey breast in oil. Season on all sides with dry seasonings. Place in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.