This Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe combines fresh herbs and tasty garlic for a delicious combination that is easy to make in the Crockpot.
I love potatoes. And even though I’m a HUGE lover of potatoes, I think my sister is even a bigger lover of potatoes.
Ever since we were little kids her #1 favorite thing to eat was a great big heaping mound of mashed potatoes.
She would like to make what she called a “mashed potato oven” and put a big blob of butter right in the middle of her stack of potatoes so that it could get all melty and delicious.
Now that she is grown up, her tastes are a little more refined, but she still loves her potatoes.
I think this Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe version with garlic (one of her favorites as an adult) and fresh herbs will be just the thing to make her happy. I know it makes me happy!
The great thing about this recipe is that it spends most of its time in the Crockpot.
If you’re making a big family meal (as in Thanksgiving!) you can let these sit in the slow cooker while you are busy preparing all of the other meal components.
All you need to do is mix them up at the end. Easy peasy!
Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe
2 pounds red potatoes, washed (you don’t need to peel them)
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup sour cream (or you can also use plain Greek yogurt)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
½ teaspoon dried or fresh basil
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
¼ cup milk
How to make mashed potatoes in the slow cooker:
1. Add potatoes to a lightly greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low or 5-6 hours on low.
For another helpful “classic” – but easier to make crockpot side dish, check out this easy way to make Corn on the Cob in the slow cooker.
It’s really helpful for a busy time like Thanksgiving because it’s one less thing you have to worry about trying to find room for on your stovetop!
Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
- hand mixer or potato masher
- 2 pounds red potatoes washed (you don't need to peel them)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- Add potatoes to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- When potatoes are cooked and fork-tender, add all remaining ingredients (let the butter melt for a couple of minutes).
- Use a hand mixer or a masher to mash the potatoes.
- Serve warm.