Cute, delicious, fun and easy-to-make combine to create the perfect sweet treat in this Valentine’s Day Jello Hearts recipe! It only uses 3 ingredients plus water for a yummy, jiggly Valentine dessert that’s sure to please!
If you’re looking for a cute AND easy Valentine’s Day treat, then look no further than this easy Jell-O Hearts recipe! With just a handful of ingredients, you just can’t get any easier than this!
And, did I mention how cute they are? Kids and adults alike love this sweet treat for Valentine’s Day.
Make a batch of these fun Jell-O Hearts for home, class parties, or even for the office. You may find you suddenly become a very popular co-worker if you show up with these fun hearts!
This recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk, but if you don’t have it on hand you can use this recipe to make your own homemade sweetened condensed milk.
Looking for more yummy Valentine’s Day goodies? Be sure and check out these adorable Valentine Cupcake recipes! For more heart-shaped treats, try making DIY Heart Lollipops with Jolly Ranchers, homemade Valentine Gum Drops or heart-shaped Strawberry Fudge.
⭐ Why You’ll Love this Recipe ⭐
Perfect for Both Holidays and Special Occasions – Of course this dessert is perfect for Valentine’s Day but it also fits right in at engagement parties, anniversary parties and informal wedding parties.
Easy to Make – You only need 3 ingredients to make this sweet treat and no baking is involved!
Fun for Kids to Make – Not only do kids love to eat these, they also have fun helping to make them. They can help cutting out the heart shapes from the red Jell-O and lining them up in the pan.
🧾 Ingredients Needed
- Strawberry Jello or any other red colored Jell-O (like cherry)
- Envelope of Unflavored Gelatin to mix with the sweeted condensed milk to make it jiggle
- Boiling water to dissolve the gelatin
- Sweetened Condensed Milk is what gives the dessert its creamy sweetness
- Cold Water to help set the gelatin
📌 Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full ingredients list with quantities and step-by-step instructions!
🥄 Equipment Needed
While you make these hearts all at once in a pan, they can be cut apart and served on wax paper squares to be used as single servings. To make it extra cute, place the waxed paper on Valentine print waxed paper or on regular waxed paper squares placed on top of small paper doilies.
🥣 How to Make
Spray a 8 x 8 pan with non stick cooking spray.
Pour the Jell-0 into a large bowl, add 2 cups boiling water and stir until dissolved.
Pour into the pan and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. (If you prefer not to use cookie cutters to cut out the heart shapes, you can pour the Jell-o into a heart-shaped mold instead.
In another bowl add 1/4 cup cold water. Sprinkle gelatin packet over top and let stand for several minutes.
Stir in 3/4 cups boiling water and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
Allow to cool.
Invert red Jell-O pan onto cutting board or wax paper.
With a heart cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the jello. Cut as many as you can from your sheet of Jell-O, but you may not use all of them in the next step.
Spray the pan with cooking spray again.
Arrange the hearts in the pan being careful to leave room for white in between each.
Pour condensed milk mixture around the hearts and place in the refrigerator for several hours until firm.
Remove from pan and cut into squares.
More Valentine Recipes
If you tried this Thanksgiving Leftover Egg Roll Recipe or any other recipe on my site, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it turned out in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing your about your results and thoughts!
Jell-O Hearts Recipe
- Spray a 8 x 8 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour the Jell-0 into a large bowl, add 2 cups boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into the pan and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In another bowl add 1/4 cup cold water. Sprinkle gelatin packet over top and let stand for several minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 cups boiling water and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Allow to cool.
- Invert red Jell-O pan onto cutting board or wax paper.
- With a heart cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the jello. Cut as many as you can fit, but you may not use all of them in the next step.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray again.
- Arrange the hearts in the pan being careful to leave room for white in between each.
- Pour condensed milk mixture around the hearts and place in the refrigerator for several hours until firm.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.