Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies add something special to a Valentine’s Day or Chinese New Year Celebration.
Who doesn’t love fortune cookies? Whenever we go to a Chinese restaurant, Little R always wants to grab all the fortune cookies on the little tray our server brings to the table. We have to remind him that they are ONE PER PERSON!
With this fun Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies Recipe you can make as many fortune cookies as you want! Then create your own messages – whether they be fortunes, riddles or encouraging messages to tuck inside.
These are just perfect for Valentine’s Day with a little heart drawn on to the end of your message. They’re also a fun addition to a Lunar New Year celebration.
Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies Recipe
How to Make Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies:
- Use circle cookie cutter to cut out two circles from each fruit roll-up – removing scraps.
- Place two circle together directly on top of each other (they hold together better when doubled).
- Cut out thin rectangular strips from parchment paper. Using a fine point permanent marker, write out messages to place in each fortune cookie.
- Place a fortune in the upper half of the doubled fruit-rollup circle. Take the bottom half of fruit roll-up circle and fold it up to meet the top – slightly pinching the ends together so it holds.
- Keeping your pointer finger in the bottom center of the fruit-roll up, gently fold the two ends down with your thumb and middle finger, allowing both ends to meet.