Make a sweet treat for celebration with this Mardi Gras Dessert Recipe. It takes only minutes to make this Mardi Gras King Cake Dip Recipe with a handful of simple and tasty ingredients.
Mardi Gras Party Recipe
Whether you’re hosting a family gathering or craving something sweet to eat with cookies, fruit, and more, this Mardi Gras King Cake Dip won’t disappoint.
As long as you have the right ingredients, including Cool Whip, cake mix, and a few others, you can prepare this within seconds and enjoy. It’s sure to become a household favorite!
This dip is based on the traditional flavors of a King Cake.
What is a King Cake?
A traditional King Cake is a frosted cake, usually made with brioche dough. This well-known Mardi Gras cake was originally filled with a frangipane, which is a sweet cream made from almonds, butter sugar, and eggs. Today you can find them filled with a combination of cinnamon, cream cheese, caramel, fruits, and/or chocolate.
King Cake Dip Ingredients
- Cool Whip – Be sure to grab a container of traditional Cool Whip to get started with this light, fluffy, and flavorful dip.
- Cream Cheese – The cream cheese adds texture and flavor to this sweet treat.
- White Cake Mix – Measure a cup of the white cake mix to combine with the cream cheese and Cool Whip.
- Caramel Sauce – Use your favorite brand of caramel sauce to add as a topping to this dip.
- Praline Pecans – Add a bit of a crunch with some chopped praline pecans on top. At your store you may find these labeled as “candied pecans”.
How to Make King Cake Dip Mardi Gras Dessert
In a large bowl, mix together with hand blender cool whip and cream cheese.
Add in dry white cake mix. Mix well. Place dip into a bowl.
Top with caramel sauce and praline pecans. Serve cold with vanilla wafers, animal crackers, or fruit.
Do I have to use the Cool Whip brand?
No, you don’t have to specifically use the Cool Whip brand. While it tastes great, you can use a generic brand available at different grocery stores. If you’re ambitious you can also make your own homemade whipped cream.
What type of cream cheese should I use for this Mardi Gras Party Recipe?
Use your favorite brand of cream cheese for this recipe so that you’ll love the dip even more. There are a lot of great cream cheese options, whether you’d like to go with the Kraft brand or stick with a generic brand, whichever you prefer.
You can also opt to go with a low-fat cream cheese (neufchatel). Your dip won’t be as creamy, but will also have a bit less fat (if that’s something you care about).
What brand of cake mix do I need to use?
The same thing goes for the cake mix! You need a box of white cake mix, but the brand doesn’t matter. Choose from some of your favorites, such as Pillsbury, Duncan Hines, and even Betty Crocker. Feel free to use a generic brand of cake mix if that is what you like or already have available to use.
What can I eat with this dip?
You can serve this dip with some of your favorite snacks, including fresh fruit, Nilla wafers, graham crackers, or even animal crackers. It tastes great with fruit and all types of cookies, making it the perfect dip to serve with the snacks you like most.
If you want to make your own dippers, check out our Homemade Graham Crackers recipe.
Variations of the Mardi Gras Party Recipe
- You can add gel food coloring to your king cake dip to go with the Mardi Gras theme. Shades of purple and green would make this dip look even cooler before you’re ready to serve it.
- If you’re allergic to pecans, you can replace them with something else, such as chopped walnuts or peanuts, to add that crunchy texture to the top.
- Chocolate syrup or chocolate sauce is a great addition to this dip, especially if you’re not a fan of caramel sauce. You can use both chocolate and caramel or replace the caramel with chocolate to enjoy this recipe even more.
Make this incredible dip within minutes and serve it with some of your favorite snacks. It’s perfect for all occasions.
More Mardi Gras Inspired Recipes
- King Cake Frappuccino
- Crockpot Red Beans and Rice
- Kicked Up Tabasco Snack Mix Recipe
- Cajun Seasoning Recipe
PIN IT ON PINTEREST!
- In a large bowl, mix together with hand blender cool whip and cream cheese.
- Add in dry white cake mix. Mix well.
- Place dip into a bowl. Top with caramel syrup and praline pecans.
- Serve cold with vanilla wafers, animal crackers, or fruit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is calculated automatically and may not be accurate.