Disney•Pixar’s INCREDIBLES 2 is now available on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, On-Demand and Digital HD! We LOVED this movie in the theater and are so excited to watch it again at home.
To make this Incredibles 2 Movie Night even MORE fun, how about turning it into an Incredibles Game Night? We have lots of food, crafts and most importantly GAMES to make it a blast.
About Incredibles 2 on BluRay: Family members of all ages will be hypnotized by hours of delightful entertainment, with never-before-seen “Incredibles 2” bonus material highlighting the beloved characters in the film and the filmmakers who bring them to life. When audiences instantly bring home the film two weeks early on Digital, they will receive additional exclusive featurettes, including two SuperScene Breakdowns and Samuel L. Jackson discussing his character Frozone a.k.a. “The Coolest Guy in Show Business.”
Overall bonus includes an all-new mini-movie “Auntie Edna,” which gives a glimpse of fashion visionary Edna Mode’s all-night endeavor to design a suit to best harness baby Jack-Jack’s expanding super powers. Also included are an inside look at the impressive production team at Pixar Animation Studios; documentaries highlighting the film’s relatable characters and stand-out scenes; 10 never-before-revealed scenes; filmmaker commentary; the touching theatrical short “Bao” and a corresponding featurette about how the dumplings sprung to life; and much, much more.
“Incredibles 2” is packaged and released in several different ways, offering families the flexibility to watch the movie instantly and on a variety of devices of their choosing, including Digital 4K Ultra HD, HD and SD and physically as a 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) and a single DVD. Additionally, the Digital HD/SD, Blu-ray and DVD versions of the film have been modified in an effort to accommodate photosensitive viewers, however individual sensitivities may vary.
In “Incredibles 2,” Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose super powers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side. That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
BONUS FEATURES (may vary by retailer)
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions– Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff– From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains– A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer– This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird– Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes– At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby– A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary– Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao”– An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao”– Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories– Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs,Vintage Toy Commercial TV SpotsToolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
- Theatrical Short: “Bao”Commentary
For more about INCREDIBLES 2, read my cast interviews:
About Incredibles 2:
In INCREDIBLES 2, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose super powers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side. That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Incredibles 2 Game Night Ideas
To host your own Incredibles 2 themed family game night, we have these fun ideas for snacks, crafts and, of course, GAMES! Put your new Disney•Pixar’s INCREDIBLES 2 Blu-ray on play and enjoy these ideas before, during or after the movie!
To get things started, you'll need something to drink. That's where our Incredibles Punch recipe comes in!
Incredibles Punch Recipe
1/2 Gallon Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red
3 oz package of cherry-flavored gelatin powder
1 cup water
1/2 liter 7-up
How to make Incredibles Punch:
Put Hawaiian Punch in a large freezer-safe container. Bring water to a boil. Mix in gelatin and stir for 2 minutes or until dissolved. Add gelatin mixture to Hawaiian Punch and stir. Divide into four smaller containers. Freeze overnight. When ready to serve, place frozen mixture in a punch bowl, add 7-up and stir until slushy.
Next up it's the food. To make things easy you can pick up some Incredibles Goldfish, or else you can make some of these fun recipes:
To serve up all of your Incredibles treats, you can use fun Incredibles party supplies like cups, plates and napkins to set a festive table. They're all available from Party City.
Then it's time for games! There are a few new Incredibles Games that let your family get in on the action and be super themselves!
To get your crafting on, you can make this sparkly Jack Jack Incredibles Slime. You can either let the kids help to make it, or make it ahead of time and let them play with it. (It can make a great party favor.)
For more fun, we have Printable Incredibles Activity Sheets with coloring pages, a memory game and more.
Reader Giveaway: One lucky Thrifty Jinxy reader will win Disney•Pixar’s The INCREDIBLES 2 Blu-ray combo pack. To enter, just complete the entry form below by 11:59pm ET on 11/26/18. Good luck!
- 1/2 Gallon Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red
- 3 oz package of cherry-flavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 liter 7-up
- Put Hawaiian Punch in a large freezer-safe container.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Mix in gelatin and stir for 2 minutes or until dissolved.
- Add gelatin mixture to Hawaiian Punch and stir.
- Divide into four smaller containers.
- Freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, place frozen mixture in a punch bowl, add 7-up and stir until slushy.