This No Churn Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe is easy to make with no special equipment needed. Just mix together 5 ingredients and let it set in the freezer!
One of the best parts of the fall season are all the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice flavored foods. We have shared lots of these recipes on Thrifty Jinxy from Pumpkin Granola to Pumpkin Spice Donuts to Fluffy Pumpkin Dip, but today we have something new, delicious and super easy to make!
This easy pumpkin ice cream recipe only takes a few minutes to whip together and then you just let it sit in the freezer until it’s ready.
There is no churning and no special ice cream maker needed!
All you need are a few ingredients and a mixer. I like to use my Kitchenaid stand mixer, but an ordinary hand mixer should work too.
This homemade ice cream recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk, but if you don’t have it on hand you can use this recipe to make your own homemade sweetened condensed milk.
Also included in this no-churn pumpkin ice cream recipe is canned pumpkin puree, but you can also make your own homemade with our easy Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree Recipe.
And one other option is if you don’t want to buy it pre-mixed from your supermarket, you can use our pumpkin pie spice recipe, which is super easy. It only needs four ingredients: cinnamon, ground ginger, round nutmeg, allspice.
This homemade Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe tastes great all on its own, but it also tastes delicious served with fall pies like pumpkin or pecan.
You can also make it into tasty sundaes with caramel or hot fudge toppings. Chopped pecans on top make them even better.
⭐ Why You’ll Love this Recipe ⭐
Easy to Make – Everyone thinks homemade ice cream is hard to make but it’s really SOOO easy! It’s just mixing the ingredients and putting them in the freezer.
Simple Ingredients – All the ingredients for pumpkin spice ice cream can be found in your local grocery store.
Classic Fall Flavor – Pumpkin is always a go-to fall flavor, especially when you add in pumpkin pie spice.
🧾 Ingredients Needed
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Whipped cream is the first step in the mixture to add a creamy texture and create a smooth consistency.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Thick and sweet, it’s made by removing most of the water from milk. You can use a can or use our sweetened condensed milk recipe to make your own. It adds richness and sweetness to the ice cream.
- Pumpkin Puree – Be sure to use 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. You can also use our homemade pumpkin puree recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – You can buy this right at the supermarket or mix up your own cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice in our pumpkin pie spice mix recipe.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – You’ll get better flavor from pure extract vs. imitation vanilla.
📌 Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full ingredients list with quantities and step-by-step instructions!
🥣 How to Make
Step 1: Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
Step 2: Gradually add condensed milk while continuing to beat.
Step 3: Stir in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
Step 4: Freeze for at least 4 hours.
⭐ Pro Tips ⭐
Don’t use your mixer to add in the pumpkin puree, spice and vanilla. Fold it in to avoid breaking the whipped cream.
Placing your ice cream mixture in a metal pan (rather than glass or ceramic) in the freezer will help it to freeze more quickly. Cover it with plastic wrap if it doesn’t have a lid.
If you like maple flavor with your pumpkin, you can replace the vanilla extract with maple extract.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try
If you tried this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe or any other recipe on my site, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it turned out in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing your about your results and thoughts!
No Churn Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 8 oz Heavy Whipping cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add condensed milk while continuing to beat.
- Stir in the pumpkin, vanilla and spice.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.