Father's Day will be here before we know it! While it can be difficult to know what type of gifts to get for Dad for Father's Day, one thing he is sure to love is a card made by hand.
This DIY Father's Day Tomato Card is perfect for Dad to let him know how much he is loved! It's perfect for the dad who likes to garden or to eat healthy foods.
And while we did design it as a Father's Day card, it would work perfectly as a DIY Mother's Day card as well! It's an equal opportunity card!
This card is fun to make with colorful Craft Foam Sheets. We have a printable TOMATO template that makes it easy to cut out the shapes you'll need to make your card. The crowning touch is the Google Eye, which gives your little tomato a lot of personality!
For another fun DIY craft foam card, see our instructions for a Father's Day Fish Card!
DIY Father's Day Tomato Card
How to make the tomato card:
- Begin by downloading and printing the TOMATO template.
- Cut the template out.
- Trace the tomato template onto the red craft foam sheet and cut out (round the top, don’t cut the tomato stem and leaves).
- Glue the tomato onto white poster board or cardstock.
- Cut the tomato stem and leaves out of the template. Trace onto green craft foam and cut out. Glue on the top of the tomato.
- Glue on google eyes.
- Cut small rosy cheeks from pink craft foam and glue in place. Draw on a smile with a black marker or cut one from black craft foam and glue in place.
- Add a message with marker or print a message and glue onto your card.
If you're also looking or some fun gifts dad might like for Father's Day, be sure to check out our Father's Day Gift Guide! We have great ideas for everyone from techies to cooks to sports fans – you name it!