These Witch’s Broom Snacks are a fun non-sweet treat for the Halloween season. They look so adorable AND are easy to make with only three ingredients.
Whether you’re looking for a Halloween appetizer or party snack, or if you’re planning a Hocus Pocus movie night, these tasty broomsticks are just what you need!
There are lots of sweet treats to enjoy when Halloween rolls around, but sometimes we have had ENOUGH of the sweet stuff and are looking for a savory Halloween snack.
When it comes to savory snacks in general, I also look to cheese as a go to and in the case of these cheese broomsticks, a salty and crunchy pretzel is the perfect complement.
They also make a great way to start out a dinner party as a Halloween appetizer.
You can use any flavor of cheese stick to create your witch brooms, but the cheese stick swirls add a fun multi-color effect to the brooms.
When it comes to the pretzels, we used standard salted pretzels, but feel free to change it up using flavored pretzel sticks.
But beyond being a tasty treat, I love that these witches broomstick snacks are so darn cute.
You can put a few in an October lunchbox as a special surprise for school lunch or serve them with the appetizers at your Halloween party.
You can eat the Witch’s Broom Snacks “as is” or serve them with dip. This green creamy avocado dip is a great choice.
Serve it in a little black cauldron (find them in the party store or dollar store) and it will look like a tub of witch’s brew!
🧾 Ingredients Needed
- String Cheese Sticks – I like the marbled cheddar and mozzarella variety, but you can choose to make some all mozzarella and some all cheddar.
- Pretzel Sticks – These look like wooden branches and perfect for a “handle”.
- Fresh Chives – These not only wrap around the broomsticks to make them look authentic, but they also add flavor.
📌 Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full ingredients list with quantities and step-by-step instructions!
🥣 How to Make
Cut each cheese stick in thirds (about 1 1/2″ each).
Lengthwise, make cuts around the stick to about half way up.
Insert a pretzel stick in the uncut end of the cheese.
Wrap and tie with a chive and cut off excess.
More Fun Halloween Recipes
If you tried this Witch’s Broomstick Recipe or any other recipe on my site, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it turned out in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing your about your results and thoughts!
Witch’s Broom Snacks
- 3 String Cheese Sticks
- 9 Pretzel Sticks
- Fresh Chives
- Cut each cheese stick in thirds (about 1 1/2″ each).
- Lengthwise, make cuts around the stick to about half way up.
- Insert a pretzel stick in the uncut end of the cheese.
- Wrap and tie with a chive and cut off excess.