Only three simple ingredients are needed to make these easy homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats your pet will love!
For those of us who love to cook and bake, we know that making delicious food is one of the many ways we show our love to our families and friends. When part of the family is a lovable dog, it’s only natural to want to create delicious homemade dog treats for them too!
We’re getting ready to wrap up National Pet Month and sending it out with a bang by creating easy-to-make dog treats that only use 3 ingredients! When creating dog treats, it’s important to include ingredients that are both good for dogs and are things that dogs like to eat.
Before making these treats, my nephew had all kinds of ideas of what we could put in them to make Toby happy. Some of his ideas were pretty crazy and definitely NOT things we should be feeding the dog!
We did settle on GOOD ingredients that are both good for the dog and good tasting: oats, pumpkin and peanut butter. And we used good quality ingredients with Our Family Old Fashioned Oats, Our Family 100% Natural Pumpkin, and Our Family Creamy Peanut Butter from Family Fare.
The Our Family brand is one of the oldest and most established brands in the country with its beginnings all the way back in 1904! Over these many decades they have been consistently committed to quality. And an extra good thing for us thrifty shoppers is that they deliver this national brand quality at a low everyday price!
For our peanut butter dog treat recipe we kept it simple with only those 3 ingredients, but we made the treats fun by using silicone dog treat molds in the shape of paws and bones!
- High-quality material: Made of 100% food grade silicone, heat Resistant.
- Ovenproof and Freeze-proof: Temperature Safe from -40 to +446 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to +230 degrees Celsius). You can put them in the microwave, oven, refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher.
If you’re looking for more dog treat recipes for silicone molds, check out this heart-shaped dog treat recipe too!
I know that Toby doesn’t really care about the shape of his dog treats, but they sure do look cute stored in a glass jar! (Which makes me also think they’ll be a great gift for our dog-loving friends and neighbors once holiday season rolls around!
On to this 3 ingredient dog treat recipe!
If you want to really make these from scratch, you can start with our recipe to make your own homemade peanut butter. AND to take it even further you can use our recipe to make your own pumpkin puree in the Instant Pot.
If you make both of the above yourself, the only 3 ingredients you’re using for the treats are peanuts, raw pumpkin and oats.
Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
2/3 Cup Our Family 100% Natural Pumpkin
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
How to make homemade dog treats:
Heat oven to 300 degrees.
Grease silicone dog treat molds using cooking spray or a light coating of oil.
Place oats in a blender or food processor and process until they become a powder. (I left a few larger chunks in mine.)
In a medium bowl, mix together processed oats, pumpkin and peanut butter.
Press mixture into molds, making sure to level tops.
Cook 20-30 minutes until treats have dried out and are hard.
Cool before feeding.
Store in an airtight container.
Note: If you don’t have a silicone mold, you can shape into small balls or squares.
Note #2: If you want to keep your treats super fresh, it’s easy to cut this recipe in half to make a smaller batch of treats. Since they’re so easy to put together you can make them often without a lot of hassle.
Be sure to pin this recipe to Pinterest so you can find in the future or you can print out a copy from the recipe card below – don’t forget to give it a rating! For more yummies for your dog, check out our Homemade Dog Biscuits and our Homemade Sweet Potato Dog Treats recipe!
Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Food Grade Silicone Mold: Pawprints and Bones
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2/3 Cup Our Family 100% Natural Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease silicone dog treat molds using cooking spray or a light coating of oil.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and process until they become a powder.
- In a medium bowl, mix together processed oats, pumpkin and peanut butter.
- Press mixture into molds, making sure to level tops.
- Cook 20-30 minutes until treats have dried out and are hard.
- Cool before feeding.
- Store in an airtight container.
- If you don’t have a silicone mold, you can shape into small balls or squares.
- If you want to keep your treats super fresh, it’s easy to cut this recipe in half to make a smaller batch of treats. Since they’re so easy to put together you can make them often without a lot of hassle.