This Spring Muddy Buddies Recipe is perfect for Easter or other spring parties like Mother's Day, Baby Showers and Bridal Showers. We even have a free printable Treat Bag Topper!
This yummy Spring Muddy Buddies Recipe make a great treat for lunch bags, late night snacks and party treats. They take the flavor of muddy buddies (or as some people call it, puppy chow) that we already love and add a pretty pastel twist to celebrate spring!
The spring season is filled with so many holidays and events including Easter, Mother's Day, baby and bridal showers, and birthday parties. This snack is a perfect addition to any of them.
If you're planning to use them as a party favor, you can use these our printable treat bag toppers to finish them off. The labels are also fun for Easter baskets if you're planning to make this as Easter Muddy Buddies.
Rice Chex CerealNestle TOLL HOUSE Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate MorselsJif Creamy Peanut ButterMcCormick Pure Vanilla ExtractDomino Powdered Confectioners SugarM&M'S Easter Milk Chocolate CandyPastel Mini MarshmallowsReynolds Wrap Cut-Rite Wax PaperZiploc Freezer Bag, 2 Gallon Jumbo
Spring Muddy Buddies Recipe
Muddy Buddy Ingredients:
9 cups Chex cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup Nestle Springtime chocolate chips, Guittard Mini Melty Mints, or Easter M&M's
2 cups pastel colored mini marshmallows
How to Make Spring Muddy Buddies:
Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
In a microwave safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
Pour the mixture of the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is all coated.
Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon ziploc bag and add the confectioners sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle Springtime chocolate chips or melty mints and mini marshmallows throughout the cereal.
Store in an airtight container.
Spoon the mixture into cello treat bags, or snack or sandwich size ziploc bags.
Download and print the Spring Muddy Buddies Treat Bag Topper template. Cut around the outline, then fold in half and secure on the top of the bag with a staple on each side. Or punch two holes using a hole punch and thread a ribbon through the holes to secure.
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup Nestle Springtime chocolate chips
- 2 cups pastel colored mini marshmallows
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the mixture of the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is all coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon ziplock bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle Springtime chocolate chips and mini marshmallows throughout the cereal.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is calculated automatically and may not be accurate.