Whether you’re looking for Frozen-themed cupcakes for a birthday party or just wanting to celebrate the winter season, this beautiful Snowflake Cupcakes Recipe can fit right in. To make the cake part, you can just use a boxed white cake mix, or your favorite white cake mix recipe. We have a yummy frosting recipe to top the cupcakes.
the really special part of this snowflake cupcakes treat is the white chocolate snowflakes on top. We have a handy dandy printable Snowflake Stencil Template template that makes this part really easy. Just print it out, cover with a piece of parchment paper and trace with a white chocolate placed in a piping bag with small tip.
Snowflake Cupcakes Recipe
Yields: 24 Cupcakes
Time: 50 Minutes
1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons milk
6 oz. of white chocolate chips
Blue Food Coloring
Optional: White Sugar Sprinkles
1. Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake in cupcake pan using liners.
2. While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Mix blue food coloring into frosting until desired shade of blue is achieved and set aside.
4. Place snowflake template under parchment paper and tape to flat surface.
5. Melt white chocolate and place into piping bag using a small round frosting tip.
6. Fill in each snowflake stencil with melted white chocolate.
7. Place snowflakes on parchment paper in refrigerator until hardened.
8. Frost cupcakes using blue frosting.
9. Remove white chocolate snowflakes from refrigerator and place one snowflake garnish on each cupcake.
10. Optional: Sprinkle white sugar sprinkles onto cupcakes.