This chocolate and peanut butter No Bake Cookies recipe is quick and easy to make in your crockpot. They freeze well too!
When it comes to cookies I am not picky, I love them all, but my favorite are no bake cookies!
I love the taste of chocolate and peanut butter paired with oatmeal – it’s the perfect combination!
I wanted to share a fun new way to make no bakes with this Slow Cooker Cookies Recipe I think you guys might enjoy! These chocolate slow cooker cookies are a winner.
With this recipe, you whip up the wet ingredients, toss in the bottom of the crockpot, then sprinkle the oats on top DO NOT STIR THEM IN), and dollop the peanut butter dab in the center and turn to high to cook.
Within 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours when it bubbles on the sides, you turn off, add your vanilla and stir then drop the cookies onto wax paper to set up.
(Even easier and less messy than wax paper are parchment paper sheets. They make clean up a snap. One of the best kitchen mess-savers!) It is so easy, I mean genius!
If you are not good at baking this is kind of fool-proof which is awesome!
Once you are done cooking and serving, just pull the liner of the pot and throw away. You’ll be left with a totally clean slow cooker with nothing to wash!
Slow Cooker Cookies Recipe
How to Make Slow Cooker Cookies:
Put slow cooker liner in crockpot if using.
Combine the milk, softened butter that is room temperature, sugars, and cocoa powder.
Once well mixed pour into your crockpot, then pour your oats over the top, do not mix oats in!
Then dollop the peanut butter in the center of the crockpot on top of oatmeal.
Turn to high and cook for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours or until the chocolatey part is bubbling. Mine took 1 hour but each crockpot heats differently so time varies.
If you are wondering how this compares to the classic stove top no-bake cookies, it is very similar! I found that the flavors were very close to the same. The texture was ever so slightly different, but not enough to really worry about!
I think to me this is a winner recipe for ease and taste, and we will be making more of these in the future!
I love to make these up and then freeze them, so if I am craving some sweet I can pull one or two out of the freezer to munch on!
Slow Cooker Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy, whatever you prefer
- Put slow cooker liner in crockpot if using.
- Combine the milk, softened butter that is room temperature, sugars, and cocoa powder.
- Once well mixed pour into your crockpot, then pour your oats over the top, do not mix oats in!
- Then dollop the peanut butter in the center of the crockpot on top of oatmeal.
- Turn to high and cook for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours or until the chocolatey part is bubbling. Mine took 1 hour but each crockpot heats differently so time varies.
- Once it is done, add in your vanilla extract and stir the mixture well, and spoon onto wax paper and let cookies cool and set up!