This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is loaded with delicious flavor! The red peppers contribute to the yumminess with a slightly sweet tangy smoky flavor. It's super easy to make and makes the perfect healthy snack, appetizer, or anytime dish!
I simply love homemade hummus and am loving this variation of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus! Being delicious is not the only thing this yummy snack has going for it.
Hummus is also super healthy! It's loaded in fiber, plant-based protein, and heart-healthy fat making it the perfect ‘healthy' snack food.
Adding in red bell peppers makes homemade hummus even better. Red Peppers are an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
It's great for staving off hunger pains between meals, as an appetizer, party snack, or simply an anytime snack!
The roasted red peppers are the star in this hummus recipe!
The peppers add a slightly sweet tangy smoky taste that takes this simple dish over the top! (If you like an even more smoky flavor, you can add a dash of smoked paprika.)
Serve with your favorite veggies and/or my favorite – Homemade Pita Chips! Be sure and check out the recipe! You won't believe how easy it is to make pita chips at home in your oven!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
2 roasted red bell peppers – if using jarred peppers, ¾ cup
1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained
¼ cup tahini
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
Salt & Pepper to taste
How to make this yummy Hummus recipe:
In a food processor combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and cumin – blend until smooth.
Add in chickpeas, red bell pepper, and feta – blend again until smooth.
Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon into serving dish and top with chopped roasted bell pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve with pita bread and fresh veggies & enjoy!
Print this delicious Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe!
- 2 roasted red bell peppers - if using jar peppers, ¾ cup
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a food processor combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and cumin - blend until smooth.
- Add in chickpeas, bell pepper, and feta - blend again until smooth.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into serving dish and top with chopped roasted bell pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with pita bread and fresh veggies & enjoy!
Pin it for later!