These easy pumpkin muffins are simple to make starting with a cake mix. There are only 5 ingredients total. They taste delicious and are perfect for breakfast or snacks.
This has to be one of the easiest recipes ever and is just perfect for kicking off the fall season.
It's also very versatile and easy to make lots of variations – see the bottom of the recipe for some ideas for changes and additions.
If you make these muffins using a spice cake mix rather than yellow cake mix, then you only need 2 ingredients for the whole recipe, but I'm always much more likely to have a yellow cake mix on hand.
Also, if you have pumpkin spice mix on hand, you can use 2 teaspoons of that in place of the cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves I use in the recipe.
As an added bonus, these muffins are very low in fat because no butter, oil or eggs are used.
Super Easy Pumpkin Muffins from Cake Mix
Yellow Cake Mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
15 oz can of pumpkin (NOT PIE FILLING)
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins from Cake Mix:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-muffin tin or fill with cupcake papers.
Place cake mix in a large bowl. Add spices and stir to distribute. Add in pumpkin and stir until well blended. (If it appears too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.)
Divide the muffin batter between the 12 muffin tins.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. NOTE: These muffins do taste quite sweet!
Pumpkin Muffin Variations
- Use chocolate cake mix – omit spices
- Use spice cake mix – omit spices
- Add 1 cup chopped pecans
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sprinkle tops with brown sugar before baking
PIN THIS RECIPE:
- Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 15 oz can of pumpkin (NOT PIE FILLING)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-muffin tin or fill with cupcake papers.
- Place cake mix in a large bowl.
- Add spices and stir to distribute.
- Add in pumpkin and stir until well blended. (If it appears too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.)
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Serving Size:1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g