Make a delicious dinner in minutes with this Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Goulash Recipe with canned tomatoes, pasta and ground beef for your Instant Pot.
It’s time to start a new year with new recipes! First up is this Italian Style Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Goulash Recipe.
I always start the year with lots of plans to cook more of our meals from scratch and that plan always succeeds much better when I have easy (and delicious) recipes to carry me through!
While the pressure cooker has been around for decades, the introduction of the Instant Pot has made this cooking style really catch on and made it a lot easier to get real, home-cooked meals on the dinner table, even on busy weeknights!
Goulash was always a family favorite when I was growing up. It doesn’t need any fancy ingredients, is fairly inexpensive (especially if you stock up on that ground beef when it’s on sale) and it’s a hearty, delicious comfort food!
If you put ground beef, a tomato base and pasta together in any dish, it is sure to be a favorite with my husband. In this particular recipe, we go for an Italian twist using garlic and Italian seasoning.
What makes this meal even better is that leftovers can be stored in resealable containers he can take to work the next day or, if we have enough left over, it can make a second dinner.
Red Gold Stewed Tomatoes, 28 ozDei Fratelli – Tomato Sauce – 28ozDe Cecco Pasta Cavatappi Pasta, 16 ozSimply Organic Italian SeasoningPower Pressure Cooker XL 6 QuartTotally Bamboo 5-Piece Utensil Set
Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Goulash Recipe – Italian Style
1 lb ground beef
1 medium white onion, diced
2 green bell peppers, diced
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 28 oz. cans stewed tomatoes
1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
1 lb pasta (we used cavatappi)
Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add ground beef, onion and pepper. Sauté until meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute while stirring.
Add in tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and pasta. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Let natural release happen (or you can let it release naturally for 5 minutes and then Quick Release if you’re in a hurry!).
Note: If you’re not a fan of pasta in the pressure cooker, you can first cook it on the stove according to package directions before adding to your Instant Pot.
Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Goulash Recipe – Italian Style!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 28 oz. cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 lb pasta we used cavatappi
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Add ground beef, onion and pepper. Sauté until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute while stirring.
- Add in tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and pasta. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When finished, let natural release happen (or you can let it release naturally for 5 minutes and then Quick Release if you're in a hurry!).