I resisted getting a pressure cooker for a long time. To me it was the thing my grandma used to do canning and my mother-in-law used to make delicious boliche en salsa (the Puerto Rican version of pot roast).
But over the last couple of years, pressure cookers have gotten crazy popular! Everywhere I look I see Facebook friends talking about what they made in their pressure cooker and I find lots of easy pressure cooker recipes and Instant Pot recipes online and in magazines.
SO, I figured it was about time I give it a try and guess what – I like it. I have been looking for yummy Power Pressure Cooker XL recipes and what I like best so far is this yummy and easy honey sesame chicken pressure cooker recipe.
This particular recipe can be made in basically ANY pressure cooker including the Instant Pot, Power Pressure Cooker XL, or whatever type of pressure cooker you choose to use.
I owe a thanks to Tristar Products for sending me their Power Pressure Cooker XL and encouraging me to finally try a pressure cooker!
The Power Pressure Cooker XL is GREAT choice because it saves time, energy, & money and cooks even the most inexpensive cuts of meat to juicy perfection.
It has a removable inner pot that is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. I have the 10 quart version that is so big it can even cook a turkey!
Kikkoman Soy Sauce – 20 ozKadoya Pure Sesame Oil – 11 oz.Nature Nate’s 100% Pure, Raw and Unfiltered Honey, 32 OunceMcCormick Organic Seed, Toasted Sesame, 1.37 OunceMcCormick Crushed Red Pepper, 2.62 ozArgo 100% Pure Corn Starch, 16 Oz
Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes: Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2/3 cup honey
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp. corn starch
3 Tbsp. water
2 green onions, chopped (green part only)
2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
How to Make Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken:
- Preheat pressure cooker on the chicken setting. Place oil, onion, and chicken to the cooker and sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes and stir to coat chicken. Pressure cook on chicken setting (high) for 4 minutes. Release pressure.
- Mix sesame oil and honey into the mixture. In a small bowl, dissolve corn starch in water and add to pressure cooker. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see it!
Share a photo on Instagram and tag me – @ThriftyJinxy.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 145mg Sodium: 1392mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 26g Protein: 55g