It seems like we’re going through a bit of a pressure cooker and Instant Pot fever lately and we’re adding to that fervor with an easy Pressure Cooker Chicken Teriyaki recipe that’s just perfect for the Instant Pot!
It’s not surprising that so many people are jumping on the Instant Pot bandwagon, because the pressure cooker makes cooking SUPER quick and easy. One of the reasons it’s often hard to get “real” homemade meals on the table on busy weeknights and weekends is because we just don’t have enough TIME!!
With the pressure cooker, meals are ready in just a matter of minutes. As long as you have ingredients on hand, there’s really almost not excuse not to cook up a yummy dinner.
This Easy Pressure Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Recipe is a perfect example of an extremely easy dinner that only takes minutes to make.
If you do have time to plan ahead, the chicken tastes even better if you marinate it overnight, but even if you don’t the way a pressure cooks, it helps permeate the meat with the sauce even if it isn’t marinated.
With the addition of sweet bell peppers in this recipe, you have a complete meal ready when you serve it with rice. And, if you’re not a fan of chicken legs, you can substitute chicken breasts.
I’m a big fan of my Power Pressure Cooker XL and encouraging me to finally try a pressure cooker!
The Power Pressure Cooker XL is GREAT choice because it saves time, energy, & money and cooks even the most inexpensive cuts of meat to juicy perfection. It has a removable inner pot that is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. I have the 10 quart version that is so big it can even cook a turkey! On to the recipe….
Easy Pressure Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
1/2 cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon minced ginger
1/2 cup chicken broth or water
4-6 chicken legs
2 sweet bell peppers (any color), chopped
Rice, for serving
Sesame seeds, for serving
Green onions (sliced), for serving
How to Make Pressure Cooker Chicken Teriyaki:
Make the teriyaki sauce by combining the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
Marinade the chicken overnight in the homemade teriyaki sauce, if possible.
Add the chicken legs, teriyaki sauce and broth into the pressure cooker.
Add in the peppers and secure the lid.
Select “manual” and set time to 15 minutes. Quick release. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and green onions and serve chicken with rice.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 4-6 chicken legs
- 2 sweet bell peppers (any color), chopped
- Rice, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Green onions (sliced), for serving
- Make the teriyaki sauce by combining the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- Marinade the chicken overnight in the homemade teriyaki sauce, if possible.
- Add the chicken legs, teriyaki sauce and broth into the pressure cooker.
- Add in the peppers and secure the lid.
- Select "manual" and set time to 15 minutes. Quick release. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and green onions and serve chicken with rice.