This DIY Fall Harvest Corn Mason Jar Craft is perfect to display an autumn bouquet, pens and pencils, or even your kitchen utensils!
Just a few weeks ago it seemed like summer was still in full swing, but this last week temperatures have dropped here in Minnesota and it feels like fall has officially arrived!
Not only is the temperature coming down, but I'm seeing the first of the leaves falling and seeing ads in our local paper for harvest festivals and corn mazes. I love all of those things!
If you're ready to take on the fall season and decorate your home, we have this fun DIY Fall Harvest Corn Mason Jar Craft.
I like to use the jar as a vase for pretty fall flowers, but you can use it to store candy, pens on your desk, or even your kitchen utensils to add a dash of autumn to your kitchen counter.
When Thanksgiving rolls around, this fall mason jar craft is perfect for holding a bouquet as your Thanksgiving Dinner Table Centerpiece!
DIY Fall Harvest Corn Mason Jar Craft
1 Empty Mason Jar
3 Shades of Yellow Craft Paint (I used light “chick” yellow, plain “yellow” and a darker “school bus” yellow.)
Orange Craft Paint
Burnt Orange Craft Paint
Green Washi Tape
1 Pack of Small Round Sponge Brushes
1 Paint Brush
How to Make this Fall Mason Jar Craft:
- Using a paint brush, paint the entire outside of the mason-jar with one coat of light yellow paint. Let dry completely.
- With the largest of the circular brushes, dab a line of burnt orange dots from the top of the jar to the bottom. Repeat around the jar keeping the rows about 1” apart.
- Add vertical lines of medium yellow paint next to the burnt orange dots. Repeat around the jar.
- Next to the medium yellow rows, add a vertical row of light yellow dots. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- With a small circular brush, add dark yellow dots of paint directly on top of the burnt orange dots. Add small light yellow dots of paint directly on top of the medium yellow dots. Let dry.
- To finish painting the jar, add vertical rows of light yellow dots all around the jar.
Wrap the green washi tape around the top portion of the jar and add flowers for a cute harvest decoration!