Everybody loves salsa! Did you know that it is the #1 condiment in the United States? It’s hard to believe it has beat out that good ‘ol standard ketchup. If you’re looking to put an interesting spin on your salsa, try this sweet and spicy Cranberry Salsa Recipe. You can choose how spicy you want it to be by increasing or decreasing the amount of jalapeño you use. (I have turned into a bit of a spice wimp as I get older!)
This Cranberry Salsa Recipe is great served with chips or add a bunch of extra flavor to a chicken quesadilla – super yummy!
Cranberry Salsa Recipe
Yields: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
1 bag cranberries
1 granny smith apple
1/8 medium red onion
½ large red pepper
¼ large green pepper
2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup apple juice
1. Chop the apple, red onion, bell peppers and jalapeño into large pieces and place in food processor.
2. Add the bag of cranberries to the food processor.
3. Use the food processor to chop and combine the ingredients.
4. Move the chopped ingredients to a bowl and add sugar, lemon juice, apple juice and cilantro. Stir together.
5. Best if chilled in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to combine.
6. Serve with chips.