With spring and summer approaching I think of it as the time of year for salads – not just your green leafy salads, but pasta salads, cole slaw, potato salad – all those things that are perfect for a picnic, a BBQ or a family potluck. This Carrot Raisin Salad Recipe is another one to add to the list. It is packed with carrots, raisin and pineapple and using Greek yogurt instead of the traditional mayonnaise or salad dressing means it is healthy too!
This recipe gets its creaminess from Greek yogurt. If you are a mayo lover, you can use that instead of the yogurt – but give the yogurt a chance and you may find that you start using it in all your recipes calling for mayo or sour cream!
When it comes to grating carrots (or anything else for that matter) I love my Joseph Joseph Fold Flat Space Saving Kitchen Grater. I have the green one. It is a bit on the pricey side for a grater, but it’s well worth it because it folds totally flat for storage. In a small kitchen like mine, I need to conserve all the storage space I can!
Carrot Raisin Salad Recipe
2 cups coarsely grated carrots
⅔ cup raisins
1 cup crushed pineapple drained
⅓ cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Toss raisins, carrots, and pineapple together lightly; set aside.
Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and add to the raisin mixture.
Refrigerate until served.
Best if made in advance and refrigerated at least an hour
- Arroz con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding) from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Raisin Cinnamon Swirl French Toast by Adventures in All Things Food
- Chewy, Delicious Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies by Our Family World
- Oatmeal Raisin Muffins by Wife Mom Geek
- Make a Simple Cinnamon Raisin Bread by Day by Day in Our World
- Orange Raisin Muffins with Orange Glaze by Mom Does it All
- Chai Raisin Donuts by Upstate Ramblings
- Baby Kale and Raisin Salad by Better in Bulk
- Oatmeal Raisin Apple Muffins by My Sweet Sanity
- Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe – Sneak Fruits & Veggies in for Your Kids! by Frugal Novice
- 2 cups coarsely grated carrots
- ? cup raisins
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- ? cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Toss raisins, carrots, and pineapple together lightly; set aside.
- Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and add to the raisin mixture.
- Refrigerate until served.
- Best if made in advance and refrigerated at least an hour