These Adults' St. Patrick’s Day Games will add some extra fun to your St. Patrick's Day party! From an adult version of pin the shamrock on the leprechaun to a hot potato drinking game, they're lots of fun!
If you're looking for some cool adult games to play at your St. Patrick’s Day party, look no further than this fun list of St. Patrick’s Day Games for adults, complete with instructions.
Sure drinking and eating always make for a great party, but the games will add a little something extra to make your party stand out!
When planning St. Patrick's Day games for adults, it's important to keep in mind games that everyone will enjoy playing, are easy to set up, are easy for everyone to understand the rules and, most importantly, ones that will get everyone laughing and having fun!
Since our games are for adults, of course we have a couple of St. Patrick's Day drinking games in the mix too!
St. Patrick’s Day Games for Adults
PIN THE SHAMROCK ON THE LEPRECHAUN GAME FOR ADULTS
- Using the green construction paper, cut out several shamrock shapes and attach sticky tack to the back of each shape.
- Attach the leprechaun cutout to the wall.
- Blindfold one person at a time and have them tack the shamrock onto the leprechaun. The object is for them to get the shamrock onto the pot of gold.
- If they miss the pot of gold, they have to take a drink of beer or green punch.
- The ones that get the shamrock on the pot of gold wins a prize such as a bottle of Guinness or Irish candy.
St. Patrick Decision Dice GameSt. Patrick's Day Party Water Bottle Sticker LabelsSaint Patty's Day Photo Booth Props Kit – 20 CountSt. Patrick's Day Party ButtonsSt. Patrick's Day Rubber DucksSt. Patrick's Day Party Favor Set
ST. PATRICK’S DAY TREASURE HUNT ACTIVITY FOR ADULTS
Handful of gold chocolate coins
- This treasure hunt is very similar in nature to an Easter egg hunt or scavenger hunt.
- Hide the gold coins throughout one room in the home such as the living room or den. If the weather is nice out, you can choose to hide the chocolate outdoors in a designated area.
- Let your guests loose to find the chocolate coins.
- The person who collects the most coins wins a cool prize. Prize ideas include an Irish history book or a bottle of Jameson’s whiskey.
HOT POTATO DRINKING GAME (ADULTS ONLY)
Guinness, Beer or Irish whiskey
- This is a new twist on the classic game of Hot Potato.
- You can use a plain potato or add some creativity to it by drawing shamrocks on it.
- Have all the guests sit in a circle, each of them holding a shot glass.
- One person is chosen to sit in the middle of the circle, with the potato.
- Play some Irish or Celtic music.
- The center person hands the potato to someone in the circle, while the music begins playing.
- The potato is passed around until the music stops.
- The person holding the potato when the music stops must take a shot of beer or whiskey and leaves the circle.
- The game keeps going until there is only one person left and is declared the winner.
- The winner gets to keep the potato and gets a cool prize like an Irish Tenors CD, Irish candies or case of Guinness.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY SCAVENGER HUNT
Printed list of items to find.
- Make a list of 8 to 10 items that need to be found. They can be things that naturally exist in the party area, or things you add like a small pot of gold or a leprechaun figurine.
- Some ideas of objects to find: Something green, empty beer glass, shamrock, person wearing a St. Patrick's Day t-shirt, green food, lucky charm, gold coin, rainbow, leprechaun trap, etc.
- Let your guests search individually or in teams.
- Whoever finds all the items first wins. Alternatively, set a time limit and whoever finds the most items in that time wins.
Now that you have your games planned, check out these great ideas for the rest of your St. Patrick's Day party planning!