What are your favorite game time foods? Do you stick to the same ‘ol same ‘ol every year, or do you like to change it up a bit with some new recipes to surprise your guests? While there are some classic foods that I like to serve year after year, I always like to put a new spin on an old classic or create something brand new. And since at least SOME of our guests are more interested in the food than in the game I try to go the extra mile and make something special to “class it up” a little bit.
This year that upgrade includes Alexia Smart Classic Crinkle Cut Fries and Crispy Onion Rings. I headed to Walmart to pick these up. They also had Alexia Sweet Potato fries, but I had to set a limit someplace!
To give these quality crunchers a dipping sauce they deserve, I created a Warm Blue Cheese Dip Recipe. This thick creamy dip just begs to be scooped up with a crispy Alexia fry or crunchy onion ring. Get ready!
Warm Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
1 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp finely chopped onions
2 Tbsp flour
Dash of salt
4 oz blue cheese
2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Heat milk in the microwave just until warmed.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and cook until soft but not browning.
- Add in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Slowly add in the milk and whisk until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the blue cheese.
- Stir in all but 1 Tbsp of bacon crumbles.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with reserved bacon and chives.
You can find lots more awesome recipes to compliment your Alexia Fries and Onions Rings at GametimeGrub.net. Plus, find even more inspiration through the Alexia social media accounts: