These homemade snowman candy bar wrappers are an easy and thrifty way to turn a Hershey bar (or any candy bar) into a cute holiday gift! They’re perfect for last minute gifts.
How cute is this basket full of Snowman Candy Bars? Seriously. So cute! Whether you’re giving just one bar as a stocking stuffer or classroom treat, or a whole basket as a bit larger gift, it’s a delicious and cute idea.
This is a DIY gift you can give just about anyone. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate? However, it’s especially perfect for teacher Christmas gifts since it’s simple and frugal!
Making gifts for teachers can be a great way to save money, but what can be a budget saver many times turns into a time crusher. Whether you’re helping your kids or doing all the work yourself, getting crafty can be time consuming.
This is why this Snowmen Candy Bar Basket is one of my favorite teacher gift ideas…. it’s so easy that the KIDS CAN DO IT! All you need to do is give them a simple example of how to make them and they let them fly.
Reasons You Should Make a Snowman Candy Bar Wrappers
- This is a gift anyone would enjoy….one word…chocolate….HELLO!
- The older kids can make it by themselves.
- The younger kids can do most of it (they may need a little help with the wrapping)
- The entire project takes about 10 minutes
- Did I mention it costs less than $5?
While we made our snowman candy bars with Hershey chocolate bars, you can really use most any type of bar.
The Hershey works well because they are flat and white, but you can certainly wrap and decorate other shapes of bars as well.
And while we used baker’s twine and Christmas ribbons to decorate ours, you can use any type of yarn, felt or fabric scraps that you have available.
Snowman Hershey Bar Wrapper Supplies:
Here’s what you’ll need to make this DIY teacher gift:
- Plain White Copy Paper
- Clear cellophane tape
- Orange and Black Markers
- Red and White or Green and White Baker’s Twine
- Assorted Holiday Ribbon
- Hershey Bars
Once you have all the supplies…it’s as easy as one, two, three!
How to Make Snowman Candy Bar Wrappers
1. Cut sheets of white paper in half. Use one half to wrap each candy bar and secure with tape.
2. Decorate the snowmen with the markers.
Use the black marker to make eyes and the mouth, as well as buttons down the front. Each dot should have somewhat jagged edges to look like pieces of coal.
Use the orange marker to draw a carrot nose.
3. Cut pieces of twine and/or ribbon that are long enough to wrap and tie around the candy bars with enough length left to hang down from the knot. Tie nearer the top portion of the snowman as the scarf.
So what do you think? Isn’t this just the cutest, easiest gift you’ve ever seen?
And don’t be afraid to get funky with it. There are all sorts of things you could do to personalize it. Try these ideas:
- experiment with different containers
- add more snowman accessories like a hat, stick arms, etc.
- use a different kind of ribbon on every snowman
- include more than one kind of candy bar
This would even be a fun craft to plan for a classroom Christmas party! Speaking of classroom parties, you should also check out this recipe for Melted Snowman Cookies. So fun!
Snowman Candy Bar Wrappers
- Cut sheets of white paper in half. Use one half to wrap each candy bar and secure with tape.
- Use the black marker to make eyes and the mouth, as well as buttons down the front. Each dot should have somewhat jagged edges to look like pieces of coal.
- Use the orange marker to draw a carrot nose.
- Cut pieces of twine and/or ribbon to tie around the candy bars.
- Tie nearer the top portion of the snowman as the scarf.