We have gotten almost no snow here in Minnesota this winter (I am NOT complaining!), but that doesn’t mean that we can’t still make snowman themed treats! The thing I like about this Melting Snowman Cookies Recipe is that it isn’t just a “Christmas thing”, but can be enjoyed all winter long. And if you really love them and want to stretch it out, I guess you could even make them for a “Christmas in July” party!
Since they do call for the Reese’s Peanut Butter Bells, which are only available at Christmas, you might want to scour the discounted candy right after the 25th so you can stock up to make this Melting Snowman Cookies recipe for the rest of the winter – AND to score a deal!
These cookies are super easy to make because you start with a bagged cookie mix. The fun part is the decorating! Of course, if you want a more homemade cookie, feel free to start with your own favorite cookie recipe as the base. You can use any flavor of cookie, but we like the chocolate because first – well it’s CHOCOLATE! and secondly because it makes a nice contrast with the white of the melted snowman.
This recipe is a fun one for the kids to get involved. Even little tots can help add the eyes, nose and hats to your melty creations!
Melting Snowman Cookies Recipe
Bake cookie according to package directions.
Allow to cool.
Cut Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4″ x 3/4″)
Cut each of those in half, creating 6 – 1/4″ x 3/8″ rectangles.
Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for noses.
Repeat with other Starburst.
Cut each bell in half.
HeatWhite Candy Melting Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
Use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate over cookie.
Place a bell, cut side down to represent the hat.
Place 2 chocolate chips below hat to represent eyes.
Place nose under eyes.
Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- 1 bag Cookie Mix (and associated ingredients)
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Bells
- 12 oz White Candy Melting Chips
- 48 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 Orange Starbursts
- Bake cookie according to package directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4" x 3/4")
- Cut each of those in half, creating 6 - 1/4" x 3/8" rectangles.
- Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for noses.
- Repeat with other Starburst.
- Cut each bell in half.
- Heat White Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate over cookie.
- Place a bell, cut side down to represent the hat.
- Place 2 chocolate chips below hat to represent eyes.
- Place nose under eyes.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.