As a busy mom, it seems I have less and less time to run my house efficiently. Heck. Who am I kidding? It is tough to run my house less than efficiently! That is when I decided to research where I could cut some corners without the family feeling the change.
The number one tip I kept seeing was to buy an Instant Pot. I had a slow cooker, but had not heard of the Instant Pot. I was game, so I ordered one. When I set that baby up and used it for the first time, I think the angels sang!
Instant Pot Meatball And Potato Soup Recipe
We love soup, so I wanted to see how my new Instant Pot handled a recipe I typically made in a slow cooker over 4-5 hours. Boy was I blown away!
My recipe for one of our favorite recipes took less than 30 minutes to make! And that is how my Instant Pot Meatball And Potato Soup Recipe was created!
Before I get to the recipe, I want to talk about leftovers. While it's likely your family might eat the whole thing at once because it's just that good, if you have a smaller family or just want to make it ahead to save for later, check out the awesome Instant Pot Silicone Lid above.
This lid offers a water-tight and air-tight seal to easily store your leftovers in the fridge to be reheated later. There's no need to transfer your meal into another container – which also saves on clean-up time!
Back to the recipe! This Instant Pot Meatball And Potato Soup Recipe is so crazy easy to make, it is almost ridiculous. When I served it to my family, they thought it was a recipe that took most of the day to make! I hope your family thinks the same thing!
Instant Pot Meatball And Potato Soup Recipe:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3-4 cups beef broth
1 small can of tomato paste
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 small can of sliced jalapeños
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 bag of frozen meatballs
1 small bag of petite potatoes, sliced in quarters
1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Shredded cheddar cheese if desired
Salt and pepper to taste
Steps 1-3: Set Instant Pot to sauté/browning feature. Add butter and allow to sizzle. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Steps 4-5: Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce
Steps 6-8: Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
Step 9: Add jalapenos
Steps 10-11: Add onion powder and Italian seasoning
Step 12: Add meatballs
Step 13: Add potatoes
Step 15: Add frozen vegetables and stir.
Step 16: Lock the Instant Pot lid and make sure it is not on venting. Set to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Allow pressure to return to normal and then release any remaining pressure.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cups beef broth
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can of sliced jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs
- 1 small bag of petite potatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Set Instant Pot to sauté/browning feature.
- Add butter and allow to sizzle.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid and make sure it is not on venting. Set to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to return to normal and then release any remaining pressure.
- Add shredded cheese if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
Optional: Add shredded cheese before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 1491mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is calculated automatically and may not be accurate.