While you can buy cartons of almond milk in the supermarket, the Homemade Protein Almond Milk recipe tastes SO much better than the store bought variety.
While you can buy cartons of almond milk in the supermarket, the Homemade Protein Almond Milk recipe tastes SO much better than the store bought variety. It is much more fresh and you know exactly each of the ingredients that went into it.
Homemade Protein Almond Milk instantly upgrades the taste and health properties of any smoothie or recipe calling for almond milk. It is also delicious on its own or teaming up with a healthy treat (protein cookies anyone??) And, believe it or not, it’s easier to make than you think! Try this clean alternative to a store-bought staple.
Homemade Protein Almond Milk Recipe
2 cups almonds
36 to 40 ounces water (about 5 cups)
1 to 2 pitted dates
1/2 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
Optional: vegan probiotic
1. Place raw almonds in a bowl and fill it with water to cover almonds. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Take the almonds out of the fridge and rinse them in cold water. Place in blender and add 36 to 40 ounces of water. Add one to two pitted dates for sweetness and blend on a slow speed (and gradually increase) for about a minute.
* Optional: add a scoop of vegan probiotic (number of scoops will depend on the brand – just check the label for suggestions).
3. After you blend the almonds, pour them through a hand strainer. Take the leftover and strain it through a nut milk bag. This technique will make the process a lot faster and easier!
4. Mix in the ALOHA Vanilla Protein and enjoy!
Looking for awesome glass milk bottles? This set has 8 oz single serve glass milk bottles with metal twist tops – perfect for individual servings. We also found a large 1/2 gallon milk bottle with cap and handle if you want to store a large batch of almond milk.
OK I had absolutely no clue you could make your own almond milk. Too often I just assume that some things have to be bought in the store prepackaged. Thanks for the recipe and inspiration.
Wow. That is really neat. I never thought about making my own.
Tammilee Tips says
I never thought to make almond milk like this!! Sounds delicious and would be perfect for my breakfast smoothies as well.
valmg @ From Val's Kitchen says
I have a friend that loves almond milk. I never thought about it as being something someone could make themself.
Heather Johnson says
I like almond milk but have never tried making my own. Your recipe seems pretty simple.
Ellen Christian says
My daughter is lactose intolerant and I’ve always wondered how hard it was to do this.Thanks!
Kristen Wilson says
You know.. I would have never thought to make my own almond milk, tho very interesting and I might consider it. cool
Christina Moore says
Thank you for sharing
Julie Wood says
This is a really healthy drink and I never thought about making my own Protein Almond milk. I want to give this recipe a try!
Jerry Marquardt says
I would like to try this milk due to the fact that it is so nutritious. I thank you for enlightening me on this.
G K says
This is perfect for us right now. We’re trying to eat healthier, and we need more protein.