While you can buy cartons of almond milk in the supermarket, the Homemade Protein Almond Milk recipe tastes SO much better than the store bought variety. It is much more fresh and you know exactly each of the ingredients that went into it.
Homemade Protein Almond Milk instantly upgrades the taste and health properties of any smoothie or recipe calling for almond milk. It is also delicious on its own or teaming up with a healthy treat (protein cookies anyone??) And, believe it or not, it's easier to make than you think! Try this clean alternative to a store-bought staple.
Homemade Protein Almond Milk Recipe
1. Place raw almonds in a bowl and fill it with water to cover almonds. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Take the almonds out of the fridge and rinse them in cold water. Place in blender and add 36 to 40 ounces of water. Add one to two pitted dates for sweetness and blend on a slow speed (and gradually increase) for about a minute.
* Optional: add a scoop of vegan probiotic (number of scoops will depend on the brand – just check the label for suggestions).
3. After you blend the almonds, pour them through a hand strainer. Take the leftover and strain it through a nut milk bag. This technique will make the process a lot faster and easier!
4. Mix in the ALOHA Vanilla Protein and enjoy!
Looking for awesome glass milk bottles? This set has 8 oz single serve glass milk bottles with metal twist tops – perfect for individual servings. We also found a large 1/2 gallon milk bottle with cap and handle if you want to store a large batch of almond milk.