Easily make delicious home fries without using a lot of oil with this easy-to-prepare oven-baked home fries recipe! It’s the perfect side dish for a weekend breakfast or dinner side any night of the week!
I love home fries, especially when they are extra crispy. In my opinion, potatoes are the best part of any meal, including breakfast!
I always find it hard to get home fries nice and crispy when cooking them on top of the stove, especially without using a lot of oil. And I’m not a fan of adding a ton of oil to my cooking.
The solution to crispy home fries that are easy to make and aren’t soaked in oil is here!
This oven-baked home fries recipe is easy to make and it cooks in the oven while you are preparing the rest of your meal. It’s also a good way to add in some veggies with the potatoes!
Easy Crispy Oven Home Fries
(See recipe card below for quantities and complete instructions.)
- potatoes (we prefer russet)
- green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped
- small onion, slivered
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- optional: garlic powder, sage, or other seasonings you like
How to Make Home Fries in the Oven:
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Dice the potatoes into cubes about 1/2 inch on each side.
Mix potatoes with peppers and onions along with the oil and seasonings.
Spread on a greased rimmed baking pan or cookie sheet.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, flipping once or twice, or until crispy.
What Type of Potato is Best for Home Fries?
We like to use russet potatoes for home fries. They are very starchy will helps them to become soft and creamy as they cook and they can also develop a nice crispness. Not to mention, they also absorb spices well.
Easy Crispy Home Fries in the Oven
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/2 green or yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- small onion slivered
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: garlic powder sage, or other seasonings you like
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dice the potatoes into cubes about 1/2 inch on each side.
- Mix potatoes with peppers and onions along with the oil and seasonings.
- Spread on a greased rimmed baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, flipping once or twice, or until crispy.