When it comes to classic cocktails it’s hard to beat the martini, but you CAN make it better! This Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini uses a homemade cranberry simple syrup that is actually simple to make using only fresh cranberries, sugar and water.
Not only is the Cranberry Lemon Drop tasty, it’s also very pretty! It’s deep red color makes it the perfect romantic drink for Valentine’s Day or as a festive Christmas cocktail. But seriously, there’s no need to wait for a holiday to make these drinks.
The Cranberry Lemon Drop can be served in a standard tall-stemmed martini glass, but I actually like to serve them in a stemless martini glass. These have a heavy base, which makes them much less “tippy” than your traditional martini glass and also less breakable!
Cranberry Lemon Drop Martini
Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Cranberry Lemon Drop Cocktail:
- 1 cup (8oz) cranberry simple syrup
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vodka
- Ice for shaking
How to make a cranberry lemon drop martini:
- Place the cranberries and water in a medium saucepan. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Gently mash the cranberries and strain through cheesecloth or a fine strainer. This should result in about 1 cup of juice. If not, add more water.
- Return juice to saucepan. Add sugar. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a shaker halfway with large chunks of ice. Add in 2 oz (¼ cup) of each the cranberry simple syrup, lemon juice, and vodka.
- Shake until mixed and chilled well, and pour into a martini glass. Enjoy immediately!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 2gSugar: 73gProtein: 0g