This Chunky Monkey Whoopie Pies Recipe gives the classic treat a whole new spin with a banana filling and walnut and chocolate chip garnish.
While a traditional whoopie pie is a classic treat, it’s always fun to change things up a bit and throw in a few new flavors to come up with something totally new. This Chunky Monkey Whoopie Pies recipe is one of those things!
This version combines the chocolatey outside (easy to whip up with chocolate cake mix), filled with a banana cream and finished off with walnuts and chocolate chips on the edges.
If you’re not a fan of walnuts, you can switch it up with your favorite type of nuts – or even no nuts at all!
To get the classic whoopee pie shape and pies that are all the same size, you can use a whoopee pie pan. Luckily they aren’t very expensive and you’ll be able to make lots of whoopee pies! (The pan is also good for making muffin tops.)
If you don’t have a pan, you can instead spread the dough on parchment paper lined baking sheets in a circle shape.
Chunky Monkey Whoopie Pies Recipe
Whoopie Pie and Filling Ingredients Needed:
(See recipe car below for measurements and complete instructions)
- Box of Chocolate Cake mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Heavy Cream
- Banana Cream Pudding mix
- Powdered Sugar
- Chopped Walnuts
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Whoopie Pies:
Preheat oven to 400.
Beat together cake mix, eggs, water and oil for 2-3 minutes
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Allow to cool.
Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
Whip in powdered sugar and pudding mix
Generously spread topping over one side of whoopie pie.
Place other side on top and gently press together.
Garnish by sprinkling sides with walnuts and chocolate chips.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Want a Chunky Monkey beverage too? Check our recipe for a Chunky Monkey Smoothie! We even have some cute printable monkey straw hangers to make your smoothie experience extra fun!
PIN IT ON PINTEREST:
Chunky Monkey Whoopie Pies
- 1 box Chocolate Cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 16 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 5 oz Banana Cream Pudding mix
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Beat together cake mix, eggs, water and oil for 2-3 minutes
- Either use a whoopie pan if you have one or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Any size can be made, but the whoopie pan makes about a 3" diameter circle.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Whip in powdered sugar and pudding mix
- Generously spread topping over one side of whoopie pie.
- Place other side on top and gently press together.
- Garnish by sprinkling sides with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.