This Chocolate Mint Rice Krispies Treats Recipe features Cocoa Krispies and a white chocolate dip. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
This Chocolate Mint Rice Krispies Treats Recipe I made to celebrate St. Patrick's Day gets a double dose of chocolate from both the cocoa in the cereal and the white chocolate used for dipping.
If you're not a fan of mint, you can always leave out the peppermint extract for simple white chocolate dipped cocoa krispies treats. Those are good too!
Chocolate Mint Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
1/4 cup butter
1 10 oz package of marshmallows
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
5 1/2 cups Cocoa Krispies
10 oz white chocolate/almond bark
1/4 cup sugar
green food coloring
How to Make Mint Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats:
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and mint extract. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the cereal into the marshmallow mixture and stir until well coated.
- Use a buttered spatula to evenly press mixture into the 9 x 13 baking pan.
- While the krispy treats are cooling, mix 3-4 drops of food coloring into the sugar. Stir well until color is evenly distributed. Break up any clumps.
- Once treats have cooled, turn out onto a cutting board and cut into rectangles – however big you would like them.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip one end of each treat into chocolate and immediately sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Place on wax paper to cool.