This Cheesy Sausage and Pepper Quiche Recipe mixes up in one bowl and miraculously forms its own crust as it bakes. It’s perfect for breakfast, dinner or weekend brunch!
This content has been sponsored by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
As the weather starts to cool, we start to crave delicious, hearty comfort foods even more. My goal with comfort food recipes is to not only have them taste amazing, but to use real, nutritious ingredients to make these dishes even better.
For this tasty sausage and cheese quiche I’m sharing with you today, dairy plays a starring role. The first ingredient by quantity is cow’s milk. While I use 2% milk when I make my quiche, you can use 1% or whole milk – whatever you have the fridge.
We usually have multiple cartons/jugs of milk in our fridge because I usually drink skim with my breakfast, the kids are 1% or 2% drinkers (which I also use for cooking and baking) and my husband goes for the lactose-free milk.
These are all great choices since cow’s milk is not only delicious, but also nutritious.
If I go on to list all the types of cheese we also have in the fridge, this post will get really long, so just know it’s a LOT!
We love cheese just because it tastes so darn good and makes every recipe better, but just like milk it’s also a source of nutrients important to a healthy immune system like vitamin A, vitamin D, and protein.
From my descriptions so far, I’m sure you have guessed that I’m a dairy lover. You got that right! My Grandpa was a dairy farmer and some of my best childhood memories are of time spent on the farm with him and Grandma.
In the barn I got to see first hand the hard work Grandpa put into taking care of his cows and I loved to run through the cow pasture – making sure to watch my step for cow pies!
In the farmhouse, Grandma is the one who kept us full with the good food she made. This quiche recipe is actually derived from one my aunt Doris made and all the ingredients are the same things Grandma cooked with: lots of dairy, eggs from the chickens she kept, sausage from their pigs and peppers from the garden.
While my ingredients come from Target, I like to know they are the same foods my Grandma used.
Just like my grandparents did, local dairy farm families today care for the planet. And throughout the midwest, from the farm to the fridge, U.S. dairy is striving to reduce food waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
Let’s get on to the recipe! One more note. For the sausage in this recipe I used chopped cooked breakfast sausage links because that’s what we like. If you prefer, you can use the same amount of cooked ground sausage.
Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Quiche Recipe
(See recipe card below for amounts and complete instructions)
- milk (I use 2%)
- butter, melted
- biscuit/baking mix
- breakfast sausage, chopped
- bell pepper, diced (any color)
- white onion, diced finely
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- American cheese
How to make this easy cheesy quiche:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together milk, butter, eggs, and salt.
Add biscuit mix and whisk until well blended.
Blend in sausage, peppers, onions and cheeses.
Pour in greased 9×13 pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is golden.
PIN IT ON PINTEREST:
- A good way to check for doneness is to slightly shake the pan. If the quiche basically keeps its form rather than getting “wobbly” it’s done. Another hint is to look for lightly golden edges on your dish.
- I used pork sausage for this recipe, but you’re welcome to use turkey sausage – either breakfast links or cooked ground turkey sausage.
- As made, this recipe makes a thin style quiche. If you prefer a thicker quiche, you can make it in a 9×9 pan, but you’ll need to increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
Cheesy Sausage and Pepper Quiche
This Cheesy Sausage and Pepper Quiche Recipe mixes up in one bowl and miraculously forms its own crust as it bakes. It's perfect for breakfast, dinner or weekend brunch!
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breakfast sausage, chopped
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced finely
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup American cheese (about 3 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together milk, butter, eggs, and salt.
- Add biscuit mix and whisk until well blended.
- Blend in sausage, peppers, onions and cheeses.
- Pour in greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is golden.
- A good way to check for doneness is to slightly shake the pan. If the quiche basically keeps its form rather than getting "wobbly" it's done. Another hint is to look for lightly golden edges on your dish.
- I used pork sausage for this recipe, but you're welcome to use turkey sausage - either breakfast links or cooked ground turkey sausage.
- As made, this recipe makes a thin style quiche. If you prefer a thicker quiche, you can make it in a 9x9 pan, but you'll need to increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 1078mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 21g
Nutrition is calculated automatically and may not be accurate.
Leave a Reply