This delicious Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers Recipe makes a perfect appetizer for game day, a dinner party, or just a fun weekend snack. As an added bonus, they are keto friendly too!
While these Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers were originally made to be cooked on a grill, you can cook them in an oven as well – which is my plan because grilling would mean standing out on my snow-covered deck in single digit temperatures!
Thanks to Diane for sharing this recipe! (Be warned – these can be spicy! Make sure to remove all the seeds to reduce the heat level.)
And, please let me apologize for the photos in this recipe post! It is originally from over 6 years ago and was a submission I accepted before I had any sense of photo guidelines! So, ignore the bad photos – it tastes delicious!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers Recipe
NOTE: Feel free to play around with the spices and use more or less as you like.
How to make bacon jalapeño poppers:
Split peppers in half length-wise and remove the seeds (the seeds create most of the hotness!)
Place Philadelphia Cream Cheese in a bowl and microwave about 20-30 seconds, enough to get it pliable. Sprinkle enough garlic powder, onion powder, Season All, and Chicago Steak Seasoning to lightly cover the top of the cheese in the bowl. Mix well. Stuff the peppers with this mixture.
How to make bacon jalapeño poppers less hot:
Most of the heat in jalapeño peppers is stored in the seeds and the white membrane. So, to reduce the heat, make sure to remove ALL the seeds and the white membrane. To further reduce the heat, once you have cleaned the peppers, place them in a sauce pan of water and bring to a boil. As soon as water boils, reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes. Then rinse the peppers thoroughly with cool water.
What type of cheese to use in bacon jalapeño poppers:
We prefer to make our bacon-wrapped peppers stuffed with cream cheese, but you can change things up and stuff them with cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese or queso fresco.
Can bacon jalapeño poppers be made ahead of time?
To prepare ahead of time, I recommend only making through the step of wrapping the bacon around the peppers. Then keep refrigerated until ready to cook (up to 2 days) and then grill or bake.
- Jalapeno Peppers (make sure they are of good size)
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Season All
- Chicago Steak Seasoning
- Split peppers in half length-wise and remove the seeds (the seeds create most of the hotness!
- Place Philadelphia Cream Cheese in a bowl and microwave about 20-30 seconds, enough to get it pliable.
- Sprinkle enough garlic powder, onion powder, Season All, and Chicago Steak Seasoning to lightly cover the top of the cheese in the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Stuff the peppers with this mixture.
- After stuffing with the cheese mixture, wrap each half pepper in a piece of bacon.
- Grill approximately one hour or until bacon is done. (can be done in oven at 350 degrees).