We have started to talk about fall favorites recently and another highlight of the season is Oktoberfest! The original Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, traditionally runs from mid to late September to early in October. Here in the US we can find lots of local Oktoberfest celebrations running over the next month or so.
My family is of German heritage, so I have always been partial to polka and other other types of German music and all the other fun that Oktoberfest brings. But, the highlight of any Oktoberfest celebration (especially since I’m not a big beer drinker), is the FOOD!
There are so many German specialties that make my mouth water just thinking about them. My very favorite are all the baked goods. Germans really know how to bake and I am happy that we have lots of great German bakeries here in Minnesota.
But, there are lots of German recipes that you can make at home and they are perfect for creating your own Oktoberfest celebration. Whether it will just be a special Oktoberfest dinner for your family, or an all-out Oktoberfest bash, these 20 Oktoberfest Recipes will help you plan the perfect menu!
Oktoberfest Handheld Costume PropsGerman Alpine HatBeistle 120 Foot Bavarian Check Flag PennantOktoberfest Fraulein ApronPretzel Eyeglasses (12/Pkg)Octobeerfest T-Shirt (L)True Brew Oktoberfest Home Brew Beer Ingredient KitOktoberfest Party ButtonsOKTOBERFEST CUPS- 25 PC
Besides checking out the yummy recipes, check out the fun ideas above for your Oktoberfest celebration. There are some super festive Oktoberfest party options!
20 Oktoberfest Recipes
1. Serious Eats – Beer Bread With Onions
2. Thrifty Recipes – Beer Braised Sausage on Sweet & Spicy Warm Slaw
3. Beyond Frosting – Black Forest Poke Cake
4. Averie Cooks – Hard Apple Cider Mule
5. Cookies and Cups – German Chocolate Cream Cheese Snack Cake
6. Sprinkle Bakes – German Fried Egg Cake (Spiegeleierkuchen)
7. The Gardening Cook – Authentic German Potato Salad
8. Snappy Gourmet – Mini Caramel Streusel Cake
9. Dishin and Dishes – Kraut Bierocks – German Cabbage Burger
10. Amanda’s Cookin – Homemade German Pretzels
11. Our Best Bites – Apple Streusel Bars
12. The Little Epicurean – German Apple Cake
13. Love and Olive Oil – Chocolate Dutch Baby With Caramelized Pears
14. Love and Olive Oil – Chocolate Stout Beer
15. Shaken Together Life – Baked Brats & Sauerkraut
16. Snappy Gourmet – Spicy Sausage & Beer Cheese Dip
17. Amanda’s Cookin – Partybrot – German Party Bread
18. Our Best Bites – Crock Pot Pork Roast With Sauerkraut and Apples
19. Love and Olive Oil – Pumpkin Spice German Pancakes
20. Shaken Together Life – Bratwurst Dippers & Easy Cheese Sauce
21. Eat. Drink. Love. – Beer Burgers
Which recipe will you try first??