We all have heard of the old saying where the dryer “eats” our socks. Somehow, we all seem to be missing socks that we think we still have. What do you do with these socks that have no matches? In this article, I will share some creative uses for single mismatched socks so you don’t feel like you need to just toss ’em!
1. Dust with them! One of my favorite uses it to slip a sock over my hand and use it to dust hard to reach places.
2. Make a hot/cold pack. Fill a long tube sock with rice or flax seed. Tie off the end. When you need to make the aches go away, pop your sock into the microwave for a few minutes. The rice holds in the heat well. Otherwise you can keep it in the freezer so it is nice and cold when you need it.
3. Travel shoe protectors. Slip socks over your shoes to protect your shoes and your clothes from the dirt on your shoes in your luggage.
4. Crafts for kids! Use old socks to make puppets with your kiddos one day this summer.
5. Make some fun toys for the pets in your family. Dogs will love it if you tie the long tube sock into knots and play tug of war with them. Cats will love a baby or small child’s sock filled with catnip (ends tied off) to toss around.
6. Fill a sock with bits of leftover soap bars. Tie off the ends and lather up!
I hope these tips help you find your inner creativity and allow you to find new uses for old mismatched single socks!
What uses do YOU have for single socks?