If you find yourself with extras, these top 5 uses for a plastic shower cap will show you just how handy they can be!
When staying in a hotel it's always fun to see what toiletries are waiting for you in the bathroom. I always like to smell the soaps and lotion and see what kind of shampoo they have.
The one item often left for you in your room that you might not have a use for is the plastic shower cap. Well actually, there are LOTS of uses for that cap if you decide to tote it home.
Top 5 Uses for a Plastic Shower Cap
1. Cover Bowls – It's much easier to keep a bowl covered compared to regular plastic wrap thanks to the elastic band. I ALWAYS use a cap when letting my bread dough rise. It's also convenient for temporarily covering leftovers or other items you need to store in the refrigerator.
2. Cover Paint Cans – When taking a break from a painting project, use a cap to cover the pain can to keep it fresh and prevent anything from falling in. It's much easier than having to put a paint can lid on and prying it off every time you take a break.
3. Bread Wrapping – Keep a large, unusually shaped piece of bread by wrapping it in a shower cap. The elastic helps keep the shower cap in place.
4. Melon “Lid” – Want to keep 1/2 of a watermelon or cantaloupe fresh in the fridge? Stretch a cap over the cut edge. It's also helpful when you bring your melon outside to keep the flies away.
5. Shoe Cover – Keep two shower caps by the front door. If you come in with muddy shoes to grab something you forgot, etc. Rather than having to take off your shoes just to put them back on in a minute, you can cover your dirty shoes with the shower caps and keep your floor clean.