My mom has always made the best corn bread. It is super moist and has nice whole kernels of corn in it. It's so good I like to eat it by itself slathered with butter, but it's also a great accompaniment.
Mom always made her cornbread with a starter of a Jiffy box mix, but this recipe starts from scratch with not much extra effort. I also made the recipe as 4 mini loaves using my awesome new Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan. Read more about this pan below.
Super Moist Corn Bread Recipe
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 16 oz. can cream style corn
1 16 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
1 c. Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream
3/4 c. butter, melted
How to make moist corn bread:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat loaf pans with butter. Mix the the dry ingredients thoroughly. Then add oil, corn yogurt/sour cream and melted butter. Mix mixing lightly but thoroughly. Pour batter into 4 mini loaf pans. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until top is just beginning to brown. (Alternatively, you can pour into a 9×13 cake pan and bake approximately 40 minutes.)
As I mentioned, I made my loaves using the Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan. I have always wanted to be able to make little loaves – both because they are so cute and also because they are great for making gifts!! This pan was nice and heavyweight with a nonstick coating that looks like it was built to last. I can't wait to make meatloaf in it tonight….I'll share that recipe with you later!
NOTE: Little loaves make a great gift! For winter holidays, they look extra special wrapped in this White Snowflake Parchment Paper!
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 16 oz. can cream style corn
- 1 16 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 c. Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat loaf pans with butter.
- Mix the the dry ingredients thoroughly. Then add oil, corn yogurt/sour cream and melted butter. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Pour batter into 4 mini loaf pans. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until top is just beginning to brown. (Alternatively, you can pour into a 9×13 cake pan and bake approximately 40 minutes.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 534mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is calculated automatically and may not be accurate.