Spring is here and summer is on the horizon, which means its time to start planning light and fresh meals, like this quick and easy shrimp spring bowl recipe! Our local Chinese restaurant has classic spring rolls and it is a must-have when we eat there. hey are so delicious I seriously can’t get enough of them! This is a fun new take to the classic spring rolls, but you don't have to struggle messing with rice paper – – just use rice noodles!
As you can see, this is a gorgeous meal, and also very fresh! I love the veggies on the side. You are welcome to chop them up smaller so they are bite size if you don’t want them in bigger chunks. For this recipe I used the smaller shrimp, which is wonderful for salads. If you have fresh shrimp on hand feel free to use that!
Quick And Easy Shrimp Spring Bowl Recipes
1/2 cup small (salad) shrimp, cooked and cleaned.
1 cup rice noodles
1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
1 large carrot, washed and sliced
4 large pieces of romaine lettuce, chopped
*3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
*1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
(*Note: Can substitute with Sweet and Sour Sauce*)
Prepare rice noodles as directed, rinse with cold water, and drain.
Add the rice noodles to a bowl.
Add lettuce, carrots, avocado, and shrimp to the top of the noodles.
In a small bowl, mix together sweet chili sauce and fish sauce. (Skip this step if substituting)
Pour sauce over prepared bowl, and enjoy.
So as you can see this is super quick to whip up, and of course this is a meal that is great to save and eat the next day. Just keep the items separate and then create another bowl when you are wanting more! You can 100% play around with the veggies you want to add to it. If you don’t like something, keep it out and feel free to replace it with something different.
If you are interested in the fun bowl and spoon like I have here, I will link some below that are similar! They make a fun presentation to the meal! They are perfect to have on hand when you are hosting a party, or just want some festive dinnerware to match your delicious meal.
- 1/2 cup small (salad) shrimp, cooked and cleaned.
- 1 cup rice noodles
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 large carrot, washed and sliced
- 4 large pieces of romaine lettuce, chopped
- *3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- *1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- Prepare rice noodles as directed, rinse with cold water, and drain.
- Add the rice noodles to a bowl.
- Add lettuce, carrots, avocado, and shrimp to the top of the noodles.
- In a small bowl, mix together sweet chili sauce and fish sauce. (Skip this step if substituting)
- Pour sauce over prepared bowl, and enjoy.
* If desired, you can substitute with Sweet and Sour Sauce for the Fish Sauce.