This yummy patriotic popcorn recipe is easy to make for 4th of July or any patriotic holiday! Popcorn and marshmallow mix with pops of red, white and blue.
For patriotic holidays like the 4th of July, it's fun to have some red, white and blue treats like this Patriotic Popcorn Recipe! It's fun an easy to make with some popcorn, marshmallows and almond bark or white chocolate.
Since this red, white and blue popcorn recipe is so simple, you really have a lot of leeway to play around with the ingredients you choose.
The popcorn and marshmallows are standard, but then you can choose to use either almond bark, white chocolate chips or candy melts. They all add sweetness while also helping the popcorn to stick together – and the sprinkles and candies to stay stuck to the pocorn!
The next part, the decorating, is even more fun – deciding what kind of sprinkles and candies to add in! You can use straight chocolate chips, red, white and blue M&Ms, non pareils, star sprinkles in red, white and blue or anything you like!
To serve your popcorn, it looks cute in red Solo cups or even cuter in paper popcorn boxes or reusable plastic popcorn boxes. The popcorn also makes a fun party favor if you package it in clear cello treat bags and tie them with red, white and blue ribbons.
Patriotic Popcorn Recipe
Once melted, add popcorn and stir until popcorn is evenly coated.
Spread popcorn out on covered cookie sheet.
Add sprinkles and candy while your popcorn is still warm.
Melt your almond bark or white chocolate over low heat or in the microwave.
Separate into two small bowls and use food coloring to dye one blue and one red. (If it clumps or hardens, add a small amount of vegetable oil to thin.)
Drizzle colored chocolate over popcorn.
Cool and serve!
- Cover a cookie sheet with a sheet of wax paper,
- Melt butter and mini marshmallows in a large pot over low heat.
- Once melted, add popcorn and stir until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn out on covered cookie sheet.
- Add sprinkles and candy while your popcorn is still warm.
- Melt your almond bark or white chocolate over low heat or in the microwave.
- Separate into two small bowls and use food coloring to dye one blue and one red. (If it clumps or hardens, add a small amount of vegetable oil to thin.)
- Drizzle colored chocolate over popcorn.
- Cool and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is calculated automatically and may not be accurate.