This Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe can be made either with fresh strawberries or with strawberry pie filling. It’s a family favorite!
I am envying those of you across the country who already have strawberries in season! It will still be quite some time before we have fresh berries locally.
The good thing about this Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe is that even if you don’t have strawberries in season, you can make it with a can of strawberry pie filling.
While the pie filling makes a totally delicious bar, if you have fresh strawberries and a bit more time, give it a try with the fresh strawberry filling. It is SOOOO good! Plus if you make extra filling it is delicious on ice cream, on top of pancakes or mixed with yogurt.
These oatmeal strawberry bars are perfect to bring to a potluck meal. I like to just bake them in a 9×13 pan that has a cover (I have a link to one below) so that it is easy to cover up and take along to the party. Time to get on to the recipe!
Quaker Oats Quick 1-Minute OatmealBetty Crocker Yellow Cake MixWilton Recipe Right 9×13 Oblong Pan with Cover
Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
TO MAKE FRESH STRAWBERRY FILLING
Place mashed strawberries and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
Strain juice from cooked strawberries and add enough water, if needed, to make 1/2 cup juice.
Discard strawberry pulp (or save it for a smoothie).
Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt in saucepan. Add in strawberry juice.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until clear and thick – about 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Stir in sliced strawberries.
TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BARS
Preheat the oven to 375.
Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
Mix together oats, cake mix, and melted butter until it there is no more dry mix.
Press 1/2 of this mixture evenly into the bottom the prepared pan.
Spread pie filling evenly over the crust.
Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on the top evenly.
Bake 18-23 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Cool before cutting into bars.
Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups Quick Oats
- 3/4 cup melted Butter
- 1 can Strawberry Pie Filling – OR – Fresh Filling instructions below
- FRESH STRAWBERRY FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- TO MAKE FRESH STRAWBERRY FILLING
- Place mashed strawberries and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Strain juice from cooked strawberries and add enough water, if needed, to make 1/2 cup juice.
- Discard strawberry pulp (or save it for a smoothie).
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt in saucepan. Add in strawberry juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until clear and thick – about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in sliced strawberries.
- TO MAKE BARS
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix together oats, cake mix, and melted butter until it there is no more dry mix.
- Press 1/2 of this mixture evenly into the bottom the prepared pan.
- Spread pie filling evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on the top evenly.
- Bake 18-23 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
I am in love with this recipe! The combination of ingredients is just perfect.
Strawberries have never been so easy for us to buy …and they are usually on sale. So we eat everything with strawberries. I’m so glad my preschooler loves them. This recipe looks yummy!!
That looks so delicious!
Beeb Ashcroft says
Oh my! That’s making me drool.It really looks melt-in-your-mouth! Love how simple it is.
This gets me ready for strawberry season!! We are about to start any day now and I know what I will be making!
June S. says
(Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe) These look so good, I will have to make some of these this week for Easter weekend. My family would really enjoy these a lot.
Mama to 5 BLessings says
Those look delicious, love strawberries!
Vickie Couturier says
my husband would love this,,it really looks yummy
This sounds really good, thank you for sharing this recipe with us all.
Sandra VanHoey says
This looks like a good healthy snack for my grandkids. I will give it a try
Dana Rodriguez says
I love strawberries.This recipe is awesome!
These sure do look easy! I love recipes with fresh strawberries. I really want to make this for my family.
can’t wait to try this … make me want to go out and pick a pint of berries [ =
I love this recipe…just made them and they are wonderful! How do you store them?
I just put a cover on the baking pan and store in the fridge. They can be microwaved a few seconds when eating again if you don’t like them cold. The top isn’t as crispy as the first time, but they are still good!
charlotte fisher says
Please tell me if the strawberry oatmeal squares freeze well thk you
I’m not sure because I haven’t tried freezing them. I am thinking that they would, but haven’t tested it!