Monday night I caught an advance screening of THOR: THE DARK WORLD and it was awesome! It outshone the original Thor (which brightly already) and left me ready for the next in the series. Besides a great story line filled with action and suspense, the film was filled with plenty of humorous scenes. In honor of those scenes, I will leave my review to just 5 things that struck me while watching THOR: THE DARK WORLD:
- Near the beginning of the film is a totally gratuitous scene with a shirtless Chris Hemsworth. Thank you, MARVEL, for that totally gratuitous scene.
- Kat Dennings has an expanded role in this second Thor film. She is hilarious playing a character VERY similar to her role on Two Broke Girls, but without all the cleavage and pot references.
- Cameos are awesome. I realllllly want to tell you about the awesome Avenger cameo, but I am anti-spoiler…..so just go see it soon.
- Asgardian royal funerals are beautiful. Not funny, but true. And I won't tell you who dies….again just go see it soon.
- Sometimes you just have to like a “villain”. I have to use quotes because it's hard to even call Loki a villain because he is just so darn likable. (While I am totally a Thor-girl, I might be persuaded into the Free Loki camp.)
THOR: THE DARK WORLD is now in theaters everywhere! If you have already seen it, be sure to tell us what you thought!