I want to wish all Thrifty Jinxy readers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I have enjoyed finding deals for you throughout the year and sharing thrifty tips. I look forward to doing lots more in the new year.
As we celebrate, I wanted to share with you the….
Top 10 Ways You Know You’re Thrifty at Christmastime:
10. You have spent more than a few minutes steaming gift labels off gift bags so that you can reuse them.
9. At least some of your Christmas gifts were already bought in January of 2010.
8. All the stockings are hung by the chimney with…..items you got as freebies or from free after coupon sales!
7. You can’t remember the last time you paid full price for wrapping paper or bows and probably bought most of it 50-75% off after last Christmas.
6. You’re happy when the relatives decide to celebrate Christmas on New Year’s weekend so you can buy all your gifts AFTER Christmas at 50% off.
5. You cringe when you receive a gift that you know was bought at full price because you could have gotten a MUCH better deal on it!
4. You find creative ways to incorporate leftover Halloween candy into your Christmas baking.
3. You’re preoccupied thinking about those 12/31/10 expiring coupons that you have to use by next week.
2. You filled up your local Toys for Tots donation bin with toys you got for free or almost-free with sale/coupon deals throughout the year.
1. You’re just as excited about the after-Christmas sales as you are about Christmas!