This Pumpkin Pie Cheese Crackers Thanksgiving Appetizer is made with crackers, cheese and cream cheese, but looks just like little pumpkin pie slices!
I think I love this Pumpkin Pie Cheese Crackers Thanksgiving Appetizer recipe so much because I have a weakness for super cute foods – especially those that mimic other foods.
One perfect example is our Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies Recipe that makes yummy sugar cookies that look just like little pumpkin pies, but have a traditional sugar cookie taste.
Since we already have those to finish off a Thanksgiving meal, we thought it would be fun to have something similar to START the meal. In comes this Pumpkin Pie Cheese Crackers Thanksgiving Appetizer.
To make the little pie slices we just use two types of crackers along with cheddar cheese and cream cheese. (We used Triscuit because they are already in triangle shapes, but you can try using a square cracker and cut in half – it may be tricky!)
I think the little dollop of cream cheese “whipped cream” gives them the perfect finishing touch!
These cute little appetizers are fun to make (it's a great way to get the kids involved in preparing Thanksgiving dinner) and fun to serve. You're sure to get a lot of ooohs and ahhhs when your guests see them on your Thanksgiving table!
Pumpkin Pie Cheese Crackers Thanksgiving Appetizer
How to make Pumpkin Pie Cheese Crackers:
- Cut cheddar cheese into thick slices.
- Place a slice of cheese on the Triscuit cracker.
- Slice the cheese to form a triangle that will fit the Triscuit cracker.
- This is the trickiest part! Cut approximately ⅓ of the Chicken in a Biskit cracker. We found it’s easiest to make sure to use even pressure and make a quick cut.
- Place a few spoonfuls of whipped cream cheesein a ziploc bag. Cut a very tiny hole in the corner of the bag.
- It’s time to put the ‘pies’ together! Place the cheese slice on the Triscuit. Using a thin line of cream cheese, attach the larger Chicken in a Biskit cracker on the back of the pie slice.
- Again, using your cream cheese, attach the smaller piece of the Chicken in a Biskit cracker on top of the cheese where it meets the cracker. This forms the pie’s ‘crust’.
- In the center of the cheese, squeeze a dollop of cream cheese. It will look just like you topped your pie with whipped cream!