Last year after Halloween I posted the cookie recipe below, which is a great way to use up any “extra” Halloween candy. Besides the recipe below, I have found one more use. Cut up the candy into small (i.e. chocolate chip sized) pieces and add them to pancake batter. Not the healthiest breakfast in the world,but super delicious!
In this cookie recipe, the candy bars will melt into the cookies and end up being VERY yummy!
Leftover Halloween Candy Cookie Bars Recipe
1 1/4 C. flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 C. any type chocolate candy bar, cut into 1/2″ pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed and until fluffy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
4. Blend in egg and vanilla.
5. Reduce mixer speed and add flour mixture, mixing just until flour is incorporated.
6. Gently mix in candy bar pieces.
7. Drop batter by large tablespoons on baking sheets. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, watching to prevent burning.
8. Remove while warm to prevent sticking and cool on wire racks.