Now that Halloween is over, you may find yourself with more candy than your kids (and you!) will eat. If that’s the case, you can use up the extra chocolate by making candy bar cookies. The candy bars will melt into the cookies and end up being VERY yummy!
Leftover Halloween Candy Dessert Bars
1 1/4 C. flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 C. any type chocolate candy bar, cut into 1/2″ pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed and until fluffy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
4. Blend in egg and vanilla.
5. Reduce mixer speed and add flour mixture, mixing just until flour is incorporated.
6. Gently mix in candy bar pieces.
7. Drop batter by large tablespoons on baking sheets. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, watching to prevent burning.
8. Remove while warm to prevent sticking and cool on wire racks.
If you would like more recipes for specific candy bars, check out this great list I found: Candy Bar Recipes