Tomorrow is the day that MANY of us have been waiting for: Disney-Pixar's INSIDE OUT will be available on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere October 13! (For DVD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray Combo Pack and On Demand you'll have to wait until November 3.) It will be great to just be able to see the movie again (even if you saw it many times in the theater), but the extra cool thing is that there are lots of awesome bonus features.
One of these bonus features is deleted scenes. Below we have an EXCLUSIVE video clip of the Inside Out Deleted Scene: Joy's Decline. Director Pete Docter walks us through this scene that didn't quite make it into the movie which explores Joy's struggles to make sense of the new limitations put on Riley's behavior.
Inside Out Deleted Scene: Joy's Decline:
This is just a little sneak peek of the bonus features. There are lots more features. Included are:
Digital HD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
- Riley's First Date? (In-Home Exclusive Animated Short Film) – Riley, now 12, is hanging out at home with her parents in San Francisco when potential trouble comes knocking: a boy shows up at the door. Can Mom and Dad's emotions handle “Riley's First Date?”
- LAVA (Theatrical Short Film) – Inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes, LAVA is a musical love story that takes place over millions of years.
- Story of the Story – Director Pete Docter talks about the evolution of Inside Out, from the ideas and memories that inspired the story through the hurdles, explorations and experiences that helped shape it into the film it is today.
- Paths to Pixar: The Women of Inside Out – Inside Out filmmakers, from voice actors to animators to production crew, talk about their paths, their goals, the challenges they've faced and the lessons they've learned along the way
- Mixed Emotions – Inside Out‘s filmmakers talk about how they decided which emotions to focus on in the story and how they went about creating each one's distinct personality and visual identity
- Mapping the Mind – Inside Out‘s artists take you through the years-long process of designing and creating a world everyone knows, but no one has ever seen – the human mind.
- Our Dads, the Filmmakers – Elie Docter (daughter of director, Pete Docter) and Grace Giacchino (daughter of composer, Michael Giacchino) bring you behind the scenes for an inside look at the making of the film.
- Into the Unknown: The Sound of Inside Out – What is the sound of a memory forming? Sound designer Ren Klyce describes the challenges – and the unique solutions – involved in creating the aural world of Inside Out.
- The Misunderstood Art of Animation Film Editing – Learn more about the crucial role of an animation film editor, who helps take the story from its earliest, most exploratory versions, to the final, polished film you see onscreen.
- Deleted Scenes
- Riley Grows Up – In this scene from a version of the film where the primary relationship was between Joy and Fear (then named Freddie), the emotions begin to notice a change in Riley.
- Joy's Decline – Joy's struggles to make sense of the limitations on Riley's behavior that seem to be springing up at every turn.
- Misdirection – Joy and Freddie encounter a group of Riley's “retired” imaginary friends, including an early version of Big Bong.
- Construction – Joy is guided through Riley's mind by a radical non-conformist, Bing Bong, outraged by the demolition of older areas like Imagination Park.
- Commentary – Commentary includes participation from directors Pete Docter and Ronnie del Carmen, and producer Jonas Rivera.
- Mind Candy – A montage of toolkit and interstitials produced for Inside Out.
- Inside Out Trailers – A collection of domestic and international trailers made for Inside Out.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
- Designing Abstract Thought – Inside Out character designer Albert Lozano describes the challenging, exciting and appropriately nonlinear process of designing the films “Abstract Thought” sequence.
- Deleted Scenes
- Joy Alone – Pursuing a lost memory underneath the ocean, Joy is given a chance to fulfill her heart's desire.
- Imagination Park – Joy is chased through a reactivated Imagination Park by an antagonistic Freddie.
I am MOST excited about the new In-Home Exclusive Animated Short Film RILEY'S FIRST DATE (which I got to see when I headed out to San Francisco last week) and can't wait to tell you more about it very soon!
Disney-Pixar's INSIDE OUT will be available on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere October 13 and on DVD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray Combo Pack and On Demand on November 3.
Like INSIDE OUT on Facebook
Follow INSIDE OUT on Twitter
Follow INSIDE OUT on Instagram
Follow INSIDE OUT on Pinterest
Visit INSIDE OUT on Tumblr
Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube
Visit the official INSIDE OUT website