Let's be honest. By show of hands, how many of you out there treat yourself to a Christmas gift? I do almost every year – more than once. It is too hard not to buy something for myself with all of the awesome bargains and rewards programs that give you a little bit of extra money to spend. A recent Chase Freedom survey found that 85% of holiday shoppers gift something to themselves, so we're in good company. Here are a few more statistics courtesy of Chase Freedom:
- 85% of holiday shoppers surveyed ‘gift themselves’ while shopping for others
- 69% of those surveyed who gifted themselves while holiday shopping for others did not have buyer’s remorse and half (48 percent) of them even felt a sense of happiness
- 60% of holiday shoppers who have a credit card that offers rewards or points are likely to spend their rewards on gifts for others.
- 77% of shoppers who have rewards credit cards say they are likely to treat themselves to something special with the rewards they earn buying holiday gifts for others
Chase Freedom knows the importance of treating yourself while shopping for others. That is why they are offering cardholders 10% cash back on up to $1,500 in new purchases from popular sites such Amazon.com, Zappos.com, Diapers.com, and Audible.com through the end of 2015. Just do your normal shopping, and use that extra 10% cash back to treat yourself to something nice. What is on the top of your wish list? A new sweater? A trip to somewhere warm? The latest video game? Do you fall in line with the shopping trends of the rest of the self-gifters? The survey shows the following self-gifting habits from men and women:
- Trendy items (Male 28%; Female 42%)
- Small luxury items (Male 27%; Female 42%)
- Electronic or appliances (Male 42%; Female 18%)
- Holiday decorations (Male 20%; Female 37%)
- Game for a group (Male 24%; Female 13%)
- Fad items (Male 10%; Female 12%)
Nobody knows you better than yourself, so it just makes sense to buy yourself a little something for Christmas – especially if you find it on sale and can earn cash back from Chase Freedom!
Too busy with the hustle and bustle of Christmas to log onto your account to check out your rewards? Chase Freedom has you covered with their new mobile app that you can download in the Apple Store or Google Play. You can redeem rewards right on the spot from your smartphone! It doesn't get much easier than that. 10% cash back from Chase Freedom has to be one of the simplest ways to earn some extra Christmas shopping money. For example, if you spend $100 buying new video games for the boys on Amazon.com, you'll get 10% of that back to treat yourself to something nice. Chase Freedom helps make Christmas cheer spread a little further with their cash back offer. Learn more about Chase Freedom here, and be sure to let us know what you're self-gifting this year.