When it comes to fast food desserts, it's hard to compete with the McDonald's Apple Pie. Although they have changed the formula a bit over the years, it remains a classic. It's one of those things you might make a drive thru run to get when a craving hits.
Now you can make your own version with this Copycat McDonalds Apple Pie Recipe. The nice thing about it is that you can have them ready at any time, make a big batch for not a lot of money, and know exactly what you are putting in them. The recipe below will make 9 pies.
While you could use any apples to make these pies, we recommend Granny Smith apples. Because they are a bit tart, it keeps them from getting too sweet when baked into the pie. They also keep their shape while baking and don't turn into mush.
If you want to try to make some other McDonald's copycat recipes, try these:
Copycat McDonalds Apple Pie Recipe
1 package thawed Pepperidge Farm Pastry Dough
1 Egg White
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Sugar
3 Granny Smith Apples
2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Flour
How to Make McDonald's Apple Pies:
Separate the 2 sheets of pastry dough.
Roll one sheet to 1/4″ thickness and roll the other to 1/8″.
Cut each sheet into 9 pieces.
Peel and core apples and dice into small pieces.
Heat butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat.
Stir until dissolved and add the apples.
Sprinkle with flour.
Cook until the apples are soft (8-10 minutes).
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 375.
After apples have cooled, add the mixture to the 1/4″ pieces of pastry.
Brush around edges of each pie with egg whites
Top with the 1/8″ pieces and crimp the edges using your fingers.
Make 3 slits across the tops of the pies.
- 1 package thawed Pepperidge Farm Pastry Dough
- 1 Egg White
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (divided
- 2 Tbsp plus 1/4 tsp Sugar (divided)
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Flour
- Separate the 2 sheets of pastry dough.
- Roll one sheet to 1/4″ thickness and roll the other to 1/8″.
- Cut each sheet into 9 pieces.Peel and core apples and dice into small pieces.
- Heat butter, 2 tablespoons. sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat.
- Stir until dissolved and add the apples.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook until the apples are soft (8-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- After apples have cooled, add the mixture to the 1/4″ pieces of pastry.
- Brush around edges of each pie with egg whites
- Top with the 1/8″ pieces and crimp the edges using your fingers.
- Make 3 slits across the tops of the pies.
- Sprinkle the pies with water to moisten the dough.
- Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until they are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is calculated automatically and may not be accurate.