This Hashbrown Hamburger Casserole with Veggies and Cheese Recipe has become a new family favorite! It contains a complete meal all in one dish, which makes it very convenient. It’s also one of those meals that I think tastes just as good or even better as leftovers! (To reheat I first microwave and then put under the broiler to re-crisp the potatoes.) If you want to make this more “from scratch” you can grate your own potatoes rather than using the pre-packaged hash browns.
I have some more details below about the cooking tools I used for this recipe, but one kitchen tool I LOVE and use for at least 50% of our meals is this big ‘ol jumbo sauté pan. It fits a lot, is nonstick so it cleans up super fast and even has a glass lid that is oven safe. It is SO versatile!
Tools I used for this recipe:
Totally Bamboo 5-Piece Utensil Set, Includes 100% Bamboo Turner, Slotted Spatula, Spoon, Single Hole Mixing SpoonAnchor Hocking 74883 Trufit Glass Baking Dish with Lid, 3-QuartT-fal A91082 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Jumbo Cooker Saute Pan with Glass Lid Cookware, 5-Quart, Black
Hashbrown Hamburger Casserole with Veggies and Cheese Recipe
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 cup beef broth
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 20 oz. package of refrigerated hash brown potatoes (appx 3 1/2 cups)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, cook onion in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent. Add in ground beef and cook until browned. If there is a lot of fat from the ground beef, pour it off at this time.
- Add in the flour and cook for one minute, stirring.
- Add in ketchup, broth, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and veggies. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spread mixture in bottom of 9×13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix potatoes, cheese and butter.
- Spread potato mixture over beef/veggie mixure.
- Bake 45 minutes or until hash browns are golden brown.
Find more great recipes HERE!